PDA

View Full Version : And now, my times from PPT

Lise
08-21-2006, 07:12 AM
Swim : 50:59. Exactly 10 min slower than my last Int’l dist. That’s what it felt like. I got out of the water saying, "I just added ten minutes to my total".

T1: 2:57

Bike: 1:31:32. Twelve minutes faster than last year

T2: 2:16

Run: 1:18. Six minutes faster than last year. Even with all the walking, that’s about the time I expected.

Total: 3:45:52. ½ hr faster than last year.

The third place woman in my age group swam 27 minutes faster. Biked 4 min slower. Ran 4 min faster. Obvious area for work for me: THE SWIM! :D

There were 33 women in my age group (45-49)! Isn't that something? I am proud to be among so many strong, determined women my age.

I am so happy with my times aside from the swim. Frustrated as I was with the swim, I did feel strong. My hands were sore from all the pulling water, but my shoulders actually felt good, and are not very sore today. My hips, on the other hand...on the bike, I knew I'd be feeling it my hips today.

I was discouraged to finish so close to the end, but encouraged to see that it really was that goofy swim that pulled me back. I am very happy about my speedy transitions. YAY!

chickwhorips
08-21-2006, 08:07 AM
Great job lise!

i said it before but i wanted to tell you again!

KSH
08-21-2006, 03:00 PM
I was discouraged to finish so close to the end, but encouraged to see that it really was that goofy swim that pulled me back. I am very happy about my speedy transitions. YAY!

AND... be proud of cutting so much time off the bike and run!

:D

Tri Girl
08-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Good for you! Any improvement is good improvement (and even tho the swim was slower- it's a fluke). Sometimes you just have a bad day or discipline in a tri, and you did phenomenal considering how rough the start was for you. Impressive bike time! You shaved 18 minutes off the bike and run and a total of 30 minutes off your total time- that's outstanding!!! Way to go!!!

Lise
08-21-2006, 06:25 PM
Thanks, guys! I am so happy about the improved times. I know I probably took three minutes at the beginning of the ride fiddling with my race number. I learned a lot about how not to attach it. Seeing the race through *your* eyes, I am happy about how I stayed mentally tough and didn't quit. I would've liked to have run more and walked less, but I did what I could. By that time, it was also getting hotter, and the run course is completely unshaded.

I'm thinking next year I'll do the Steelhead 1/2 IM 1st weekend of August, and then PPT sprint the 3rd weekend. It's just so danged fun to be part of a triathlon, am I right?!? :D

btchance
08-21-2006, 06:30 PM
Congrats on the time improvements, especially the bike! I wouldn't worry too much about the swim. Didn't you say the bouys were on the wrong side so you went off course some? There's the reason right there. next time you'll be back to at least your normal time. When's the next one? :D

Lise
08-21-2006, 07:46 PM
The next one will be in 2007! I'm doing a century ride mid Sept, and a 1/2 marathon Oct 1. The tri season's pretty short up here. I did the sprint in May, skipped the sprint I'd thought of doing in July, and did PPT yesterday. I *could* do Lake Geneva on 9/9, but I think I'll use the time to do some final century-prep riding. Of course you'll get a ride report! It will be my first century. And then a race report from the 1/2 marathon. I did that last year. Hope to beat my time this year.

All I want to do is ride my bike of course, but if I can improve my swimming by actually swim training, then ... I could be a better triathlete! :D I envy those gals who were competitive swimmers earlier in life. But they've got their own tri challenges to overcome; the swim just happens to be mine.

colby
08-22-2006, 11:49 AM
The third place woman in my age group swam 27 minutes faster. Biked 4 min slower. Ran 4 min faster. Obvious area for work for me: THE SWIM! :D

That's some nice work there, Lise. At least the others are within reach, and you know where you need to work!

Congrats again. :) :D

RoadRaven
08-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey there my friend! Great day Lise!!!

CONGRATS

Hey, can you just list the distances for each section for me?

Yours in ignorance
Raven

Lise
08-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Sure--

Swim: .9 mi (1,500 meter)

Bike: 26 mi (40 Km)

Run: 6.2 mi (10 Km)

That's the International distance (also known as the Olympic distance, except the Int'l Olympic Committee got a bee in their bonnet over the use of the name...:rolleyes: )

The Sprint distance is approximately half the Int'l distance. My mother thought that "sprint" distance meant "They do the same distance as you, just really fast." I said, "Mom, I'm doing it as fast as I can." She replied, "Oh, I know. I just thought they were doing it faster." :p

RoadRaven
08-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks Lise - I don't have my head in tris... thats a steady 26-27km per hour

Most excellent... let me say one more time...

!!!! CONGRATS !!!!

DrBee
08-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Great job Lise! You cut some serious time off of your total time! Now - go get in the pool ;) JK. With your wacky schedule, it's amazing that you have time to do any meaningful training!

Good luck with the century!