PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 17.5" Terry Madeline or Classic

GLC1968
08-18-2006, 05:48 PM
I ride a Specialized Dolce Comp in a 44cm, but I'd like to get a touring/commuting bike as well. I'm looking for a steel bike (in a small frame) and either the Madeline or a Classic would fit the bill. I'd even consider an older model Symmetry (steel). I've been searching but not finding anything, so if anyone knows of someone selling, I'd be interested. Age isn't important as I'll likely change out a lot of the components anyway. I'm in North Carolina, but I'm willing to pay shipping from just about anywhere.

Please PM me if you have any leads! Thanks!! :D

emily_in_nc
08-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm sure you've already done this, but have you checked out the bikes for sale/wanted section on the Terry (http://www.terrybicycles.com) site?

I found a buyer for my 17.5" Terry Isis there recently (actually, triskeliongirl found her for me, thanks again!!!)

Good luck finding one!

Emily

GLC1968
08-19-2006, 06:21 AM
Thanks, Emily...I have!

I posted my own 'want to buy' post over there and I've emailed a few people about theirs...so far, no responses.

What kills me is that when I first started thinking about getting one, there was one for auction on ebay. I didn't bid as high as I should have (I gave up) and missed out on a great deal. At the time, I had no idea how good a deal that one was! Ah well...I'll keep looking!

GLC1968
08-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks to everyone who has PM'd me with information!!

I've found my new bike. I got a sweet deal on a virtually unused 2004 Classic off Terry's buy/sell site. I should be receiveing her later this week!! :D

Thanks again!
Catherine

Denise223
08-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Hi Catherine!!

Congrat's on your new bike :D !

Post a pic so we can see her when she arrives.

Peace & Love,

Denise