PDA

View Full Version : Specialized Ruby S-Works

SnappyPix
08-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Sigh.
So many bikes, so little in my bank balance.
Specialized have announced their new 2007 Designs for Women range.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/tech.php?id=tech/2006/features/specialized_2007_women

I may spend a significant length of time drooling over the Ruby S-Works.

caligurl
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
i made the mistake of looking at the dealer's book at my LBS... ya... i've been having dreams of this bike... and it's black! can i justify a new bike? (my ruby is only 8 months old!)

emily_in_nc
08-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Just say no, Caligurl! You owe your Ruby as much!! :D

Actually, I can't say much. I upgraded from a lovely Terry Isis (demo model, though, so I didn't pay full price) to an Aegis Swift within just 1.5 years. And now I've upgraded from a Novara mtb to a Titus Racer X (used, though!!) in again, 1.5 years. :D

The first step to dealing with Bike Addiction is admitting you have a problem....

Emily

Trekhawk
08-16-2006, 06:13 PM
i made the mistake of looking at the dealer's book at my LBS... ya... i've been having dreams of this bike... and it's black! can i justify a new bike? (my ruby is only 8 months old!)

LOL - its a beauty Cali - TE may not be the best place to ask that question though as you know we love new bikes. BUY BUY BUY.......SORRY got a little excited.:D :D

caligurl
08-16-2006, 06:23 PM
*sticking fingers in ears* *LA LA LA LA LA LA* I HEAR NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caligurl
08-16-2006, 06:24 PM
i am at about $1.00 per mile on her! (NOT counting extras... JUST the bike! lol!) that's good... right?????????????

*MUST RESIST* TE IS BAD!

caligurl
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
The first step to dealing with Bike Addiction is admitting you have a problem....

lol!!!!!!

Aggie_Ama
08-16-2006, 11:30 PM

You know better than to ask that here! :D

DH and I are looking at houses and since we are kidless he thinks the spare rooms will be a good excuse to acquire more bikes. The one we like he said "Oh look the bike room would be right near the mud (utility) room, perfect!" He says I NEED a mountain bike, I NEED a new road bike, he NEEDS an upgraded mountain bike and he wants a beater bike for rain. Notice only one is a want, the rest are needs in DH's mind. If only we could buy more bikes and pay a mortgage. :rolleyes: Now, one day..... Uh-oh that sounds like the start of a problem. "Hello, I am Amanda and I am cycling equipment addict."

BTW- I have not shown him your set up Cali. I don't want him to be inspired!

Jo-n-NY
08-17-2006, 10:29 AM
oh too funny....I heard the other day that the Ruby was coming out in Black and the first person I thought of was Caligurl. I told my husband, on no...Caligurl on the TE site is going to want that bike :)

~ JoAnn

caligurl
08-17-2006, 10:42 AM
UGH!

well... i can look at this 2 ways (maybe 3!)! i CAN'T get one... cuz there aren't enough hooks (we set up the garage for 7 bikes!)

or i CAN get one.. cuz is it FAIR that hubby has FOUR bikes and i only have THREE! AND.... so far... last year and this year... i ride MORE MILES than he does! http://www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/149.gif

(of course... there's also the money issue.... i'm SURE that that GORGEOUS BEAUTY isn't gonna be cheap!)

i still love my ruby.... and i even love the color now! even though black bikes still just give me the WOW factor! and the picture of that black s-works... WOW!

i wouldn't even have to buy new shoes or helmet cuz they are already black (oh... WHO am i trying to fool????? of course i'd have to have ALL NEW!)

alas... i'm destined to just dream... at least this year... hmmmmmm who knows what the 2008 season will bring??????????????

Trekhawk
08-17-2006, 10:45 AM
alas... i'm destined to just dream... at least this year... hmmmmmm who knows what the 2008 season will bring??????????????

Its always good to have something hot to dream about.:D :D

caligurl
08-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Its always good to have something hot to dream about.:D :D

ya... but the drool is pretty messy! lol!

massbikebabe
08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Ya know;

The sad part is my son has picked up my DH and I's addiction to buying new bikes. He is currently scanning yard sales for a beater bike that he can make into a fixed gear ride. He is hoping that someone will sell an old Bianchi, (his favorite), so that he might convert this. If anyone has an old Bianchi that you want to sell to a blue-eyed dimple faced boy, who will take good care of it please p.m. me...he is tall so we are looking for a 54-56 frame.

karen

caligurl
08-17-2006, 10:49 AM
Ya know;

The sad part is my son has picked up my DH and I's addiction to buying new bikes. He is currently scanning yard sales for a beater bike that he can make into a fixed gear ride. He is hoping that someone will sell an old Bianchi, (his favorite), so that he might convert this. If anyone has an old Bianchi that you want to sell to a blue-eyed dimple faced boy, who will take good care of it please p.m. me...he is tall so we are looking for a 54-56 frame.

karen

awwwwww but that's a GOOD sad! he could have worse "bad" habits!!!!!

GLC1968
08-18-2006, 06:07 AM
Talk about bike addictions....last night DH and I were talking about looking for a smaller (and cheaper) house in our neighborhood to save some cash. In my mind, this just means that we will be able afford more bikes and gear. A delicious Ruby S-works would fit the bill nicely... DROOL! :p

SnappyPix
09-05-2006, 08:44 PM

Cali,
I've seen the bike in person - it's gorgeous. The lovely man at the LBS even took it down off the stand and let me drool all over the paintwork.
Would have to change the bar tape and saddle though, but it'd be a small price to pay.
Of course, the answer to your problem is simple - give the Ruby Pro to ME and treat yourself to the S-Works (cackles hysterically and speaks in a strange, hypnotic voice). You know it makes sense.

caligurl
09-06-2006, 06:53 AM
snappy.... snappy.... snappy! lol! you are evil with your jedi mind tricks!

(now if i could just get them to work on hubby... you and i would both be happier! :p )

Bluetree
09-06-2006, 08:07 AM
A brand new LBS (Specialized/Bianchi) opened up in Santa Monica -- state of the art everything -- and they had the new Tarmac SL on display:

http://www.roadcyclinguk.com/news/article.asp?UAN=1476&SP=&v=1

It was a thing of beauty... no, a work of art!

caligurl
09-06-2006, 08:09 AM
i, personally, don't care for the men's tarmac.... however the ruby..... *sigh*