PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Anyone??

lnlgj
08-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Greetings:

I am still kinda new to the Dover area and was wandering if anyone was a local rider? I also go to Jersery alot (mainly South Jersey - Exit 1 :) )
I have not rode in a while, so I am not looking for anything too hard at this time, but really would like to get some rides in before the snow comes!
Let me know if anyone is out there.

Lisa Campo
Email: lnlfc@yahoo.com

CycleChic06
08-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi Lisa,
I just had to respond even though I don't live in Delaware now. I grew up in Wilmington and went to UD. There are just so few people from Delaware around I was surpised to see a post. I always wonder how people end up living there who didn't grow up there.

I wish I could help you, if I still lived there I'd totally join you for a ride. But at least you have lots of places to ride out there, especially around Dover.

Good luck!
Emily

mimitabby
08-16-2006, 06:26 PM
I can't resist
what did Delaware?

a New Jersey!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

CycleChic06
08-17-2006, 04:51 AM
I think it really goes:

Did Delaware her New Jersey? Idaho, Alaska!

(it's supposed to vaguely sound like: I don't know, I'll ask her)

withm
08-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Well there are at least a couple Delaware cyclists on here. I know it's a small state, but hey, we had 18 riders on our last club ride. :)

Maybe we can do a TE DELAWARE ride. OK it will be a small group as well.

Is anyone doing the ShoreFire ride on Aug 26? We could all wear our TE jersies. Oh, I forgot. I don't have a TE jersey. :(

And for those wondering how non Delawarans end up here, I lived in the Wash DC area, came to DE every weekend for scuba diving, got tired of the weekend trip, bought a condo at the beach, and later when I got laid off, decided to stay here. I live a mile from the ocean, the biking is great, and found a nice job within commuting distance, though I only ride up to work about once a week. Life is good.

bikerchick227
10-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm in Delaware, down in Lewes. Where have you been riding? Any clubs up in your area? Sussex Cyclists down here sometimes rides up to Milford, which wouldn't be terribly far....

Xrayted
10-08-2006, 06:31 PM
Ah, I love the Lewes area. It's quieter as far as tourists go and I can just relax. Great little town and a wonderfully clean beach. The last time I was there, (about 2 months ago) I checked out the medical center for job openings. (don't tell my boss :o) I have yet to bring my current bike along though. I would think Cape Henlopen park would be ideal to ride, or over in Rehoboth, which is another fav of mine to visit. I would consider it a big favor if you let me know of any rides in that area. (it's so blessedly FLAT down there!)
U of D is a very nice area too. I just come down 896 starting in Strasburg, PA and end up in Newark. It seems very bike friendly.

CycleChic06
10-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Careful riding on 896 near UD, it's where I got my pulled over and ticketed by a cop while on my bike. When you get around campus the UD cops are really really picky, or just bored.