PDA

View Full Version : TFCE Training Ride?

PAP103
08-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Anyone want to get together to do a TFCE training ride over Labor Day weekend? TFCE is a month away!

Patty

Surlygirl
08-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Hi Patty
What did you have in mind? How many miles, where, when, etc?

PAP103
08-15-2006, 10:20 AM
I was thinking maybe 40 or so miles. We can ride where ever is most convenient to those riding but definately on back roads! I'm open for Sunday or Monday of Labor Day weekend.

tygab
08-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Would you mind an interloper? I am not registered for TFCE (maybe next year?) but I'd love to go riding if I'm not crewing for our friend's first triathlon...

Crankin
08-16-2006, 05:46 AM
I would join you guys, even thpough i am not doing the century. Monday morning would be best for me. I'd be willing to lead....

Robyn

PAP103
08-16-2006, 05:54 AM
Hi Robin,

Monday morning works for me! I know you're familiar with the Lexington, Concord, etc area. Do you know of a nice route with not too many hills?

I hope everyone can come out to ride whether you're registered for TFCE or not. It will be fun to meet everyone!

Patty

DebW
08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
I might like to join you all if I'm around that day. I'm not doing the century, however. I ride around Concord/Lexington/Lincoln/Wayland/Sudbury. Not yet sure what I'll be doing Labor Day weekend and if I'll be in town or off hiking somewhere, but I'll check back later.

CycleChic06
08-16-2006, 05:53 PM
I would kinda like to join you all too, but I'm worried about keeping up. Around what speed do you plan on riding?

Emily

Crankin
08-17-2006, 11:49 AM
I could plan a 40 mile route that is not too hilly, leaving from Concord, maybe going into Acton. It is hard to avoid hills around here. Let me know. I have one route that leaves from my house and is about 43 miles. The only big uphill is my street!

Robyn

PAP103
08-17-2006, 12:54 PM
I could plan a 40 mile route that is not too hilly, leaving from Concord, maybe going into Acton. It is hard to avoid hills around here. Let me know. I have one route that leaves from my house and is about 43 miles. The only big uphill is my street!

Robyn

That works for me! I ride about 14 mph, I know thats slow for some but slow and steady works very well for me!

How bout an early start of 9am? Let us know where to meet. Its going to be wonderful to meet you guys (gals).

Patty

Crankin
08-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I can certainly lead with an average of around 14. If anyone is interested in starting earlier than 9 let me know. Otherwise 9 is fine. We could meet in Concord Center, there is plenty of free parking in the municipal lot, on Main St. (Rt. 62). When you get into Concord Center, (coming from Rt. 2), make a left on Keyes Rd. The lot is on the right.

Robyn

CycleChic06
08-18-2006, 05:26 AM
14mph sounds perfect for me. So it's 9am in Concord Center on Labor Day? I may be working that day (they don't call it labor day for nothing). If I'm not I'll definitely be there. I'll let you all know for sure when it gets closer.

Emily

Crankin
08-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Ok, I will test out a route tomorrow.....

wavedancer
08-18-2006, 06:45 PM
I might be able to join you depending on if I'm on the Cape or in NH that weekend. I'll check back closer to the date.

Linda

plushride
08-29-2006, 05:01 AM
I can do a ride on labor day...how far do you wan to go?

Crankin
08-29-2006, 03:40 PM
OK ladies, I need to know who is coming on Monday. The weather/tropical rains don't look too promising, but let's plan anyway. If you are going to come, meet at 9 AM in the municipal lot in Concord Center on Keyes Rd, left off of Main St. There is a bathroom there.
Please PM or email me with your phone # if I have to cancel due to weather. I will call you by 8 AM if it is raining here in Concord/Acton and it is predicted to continue.

Bring plenty of water, energy drink, snacks, and a tube. There will be places to stop, but not sure what's going to be open. We will stop along the way at least a couple of times.

I won't make you sign a release...