PDA

View Full Version : Santa Cruz Juliana

rocknrollgirl
08-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Anybody have one????

Likes/dislikes.....

I test rode one yesterday...looking for feedback from you all.....

I think I have it narrowed down to this and the racer x.....

Ruth

SadieKate
08-13-2006, 02:13 PM
TrekHawk has a juliana. I have a Racer-X. Both are darn nice bikes.

emily_in_nc
08-13-2006, 02:22 PM
I also have a Racer-X. I believe it is a little lighter than the Juliana, but that may all depend on the componentry level you put on. I never had the opportunity to test ride a Juliana, but I sure do love my (new to me) Racer-X. It fits me like a glove and is such a sweet ride. This is my first full suspension bike, and it sure does make a difference on the trails!

Emily

Trekhawk
08-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Yep I love my Juliana. Im a newbie to mountain biking and she looks after me out there.

Happy bike hunting.

SAMbike
08-21-2006, 05:23 AM
Love it. Have been riding and racing this bike since 2002. Highly recommend it. However I'm curious about the Racer X. Am now getting to the time when I'm considering a new bike - after 4 years of heavy use on my Juliana and was looking at the Racer X too. Good to know they pretty much run neck-to-neck. I wish I could find a Racer X that I could test ride but the shops that carry Titus (which isn't many in my area) say they don't have my size.

Dirt Girl
08-21-2006, 07:42 AM
The Juliana is a great bike. I remember my first ride on it. I felt like I was floating over the trails. For me, the short top tube works, and I like the smaller diameter handlebars. Never been on a Racer-X, but I would love to try one. I hear nothing but good stuff about them.

Though I still have the Juliana, I'm currently riding an xs Blur XC, which is a super bike. Though it's more work to maintain than the Juliana, I feel a noticable difference in climbing and cornering versus the Juliana.

I don't think you could go wrong with anything Santa Cruz or Titus!

Susan Otcenas
08-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Love my Juliana too! I have the version that is the hardtail with a suspension seatpost. My sister's version is full-suspension. Mine does everything I need and more. It really deserves a better rider than me though, as I really don't do anything very technical on it.

Susan

ikkin
08-21-2006, 08:41 AM
i posted a reply in the other area as well, but thoght i'd add it again here. i love my little juli. she's so fun. she makes me a much better rider. she climbs really well, is super smooth, and relatively light considering i have some old banger heavy parts from my old hardtail filling some gaps on her now.

what do i like? the smoothness, the climbing ability, the way i can pop off of little (and i mean little...i'm too chicken for the big ones) features and over logs and such. the way my group of riding guys has been saying "wow, you've really been keeping up lately..." and the relatively high BB height.

dislikes? not many. i'm 5'3'', ride a medium and have absolutely no clearance, but that's my parent's fault (damn short leg genes!! :)), not the bike's. hehehe.

good luck! never ridden the racer X, but everyone here raves about 'em, and everyone here is smaht, so they must be good.