PDA

View Full Version : Any One from San Antonio??

sandy45
08-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Hey! I am new to the forum and new to cycling. my husband has gotten me into it. we like to do the mountian biking and i was wondering if anyone was interested in going riding? i am a bigger girl and i am looking to lose quite a bit of weight and was looking for some people to help motivate me to get out and ride when my husband cant go with me.

sandy:)

rheidis73
08-13-2006, 02:57 AM
Hi Sandy! Bummmmmmer..I live pretty far from you, but just wanted to say hi...I have relatives that live in San Antonio, but I do not get out that way too often. Good luck on clying! Let us know how it goes...:D

Aggie_Ama
08-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Sandy- I am up the road North of Austin but try looking up the San Antonio Wheelmen. I met the nicest woman who was one of their group at a ride back in May. If they are as pleasant as she was, then you would probably have a lot of fun. I am sure they have riders of all abilities who would be happy to ride with a newbie. Good luck. :)

BeeLady
10-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Sandi

I'm in San Antonio and have just gotten serious about cycling. I live not too far frm the airport inside Loop 410. I have been doing the Thursday night social ride from Bike World on Broadway. Very informal - 12 to 14 mile ride to Hemisphere Plaza. All abilities participate. Just show up in their parking lot at 7 p.m. Thursday. We leave promptly at 7:30 p.m. and depending how fast you ride, most return about 9:30. Lots of rest stops and pretty route. Now that its dark out, bring your blinkies!

alicia33933
08-21-2007, 10:25 PM
i'm near the forum :)

archibella
09-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi Sandy45 :) I'm in SA--

if you haven't already, try the Monday night mission ride out of Blue Star Brewery (18 miles, no drop, bring good lights this time of year). Leaves at 7:00pm sharp!

Also check out the SA branch of Ride Like a Girl- they might be able to help you meet some more mtn bike people :) http://www.saridelikeagirl.com/Home_Page.php
The coordinator/contact veronica is really great, and does both mtn & road rides, clinics, get-togethers, etc.

Happy riding!!

sspoor
09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
BeeLady - It sounds like you live right around where I grew up (and where my parents still live). They're at Broadway and Terra Alta.

Thanks to those who posted links to SA area cycling groups. I need to find a place to ride when I'm visiting my folks.

Susan in Dallas