PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp

Quillfred
08-11-2006, 08:54 PM
I signed up for camp which is tomorrow. It is run by the local club BBTC. I am so excited I can't wait. I rented a Skookum from Ti which, as luck would have it, is a FS.

I got a little over-eager and took it out for a test run down a narrow trail at the dead-end of our street. Damn those disc-brakes stop on a dime. :D Got bucked off. Couldn't wait until tomorrow. At least I got to practice my flips. Hehe.

Quillfred

Am I "cheating" on my road bikes?

rocknrollgirl
08-12-2006, 12:47 AM
What they don't know, won't hurt them.....

I am going to demo a bike today, I did tell Bob(my current bike), and he understands...he does not like it, but I think he gets it.....he is just tooooooo heavy to race on.

Sturdy and true and he can take a hit....but HEAVY!!!!

BTW...I hope I survive, 31 miles of singletrack with all guys.......

Have fun at camp...pack a snack, report back later.......

Quillfred
08-13-2006, 09:16 AM
Boot Camp was amazing! There were about 12 of us, three women, plus a reporter and photographer from the PI (local paper). I think only two of us hadn't been mtn. biking before so the pace felt more advanced that I had anticipated.

Skills covered were track stand, riding positions, cone of movement, weight distribution, gear use, climbing, bracing, descending, lines, cornering, obstacles and trail etiquette.

Hats off to all of you who practice this sport! I can appreciate how much practice and effort goes into building one's skills. Where did I leave the ibuprofen?....

Now rocknrollgirl, how did your day out with the demo go? Are you in for a new bike?

Quill

rocknrollgirl
08-13-2006, 12:00 PM
....I will post a thread.....