PDA

View Full Version : jerseys for broad shoulders?

gadgettgirll
01-30-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi - anyone found jerseys that suit broad shoulders and small chest?

I like the look of some of the stuff here at TE, but it's a bit of a risk buying when you have no idea of the way a brand tends to be cut and no way to try them on (women's selection is fairly limited here in Oz and then my figure narrows the options even further. Everything I try on is tight in the arms and shoulders and then floppy through the waist). Hoping others with similar builds can recommend brands that might work. I'm about a 34a-36a, with broad shoulders, long torso, small waist - and work out in the gym a bit too, so bit of muscle in the arms, which means tight sleeves are a problem.

Have noted the suggestion on another thread about altering men's stuff, too. I sew, don't know why I didn't think of nipping in men's gear. They definitely get the better color choices.

Gadgettgirll

pedalfaster
02-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Fortunately most men and boys are pretty much built like that (broad shoulders, small chest, small waist) so you have a LOT of jerseys to choose from.

If you are petite look for companies that do clothes for boys/juniors. One of my favorites is a Voler XS. The euro-made jerseys are cut this way as well, but you are correct about the arm-elastic. If you lift and/or swim much they pinch! Try to find styles and brands that dont' have elastic or cut the elastic out and re-hem the sleeves.

gadgettgirll
03-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Thanks, I was wondering how the Euro stuff would compare.

Planning to make a raid on the men's stuff soon as I can find some shopping time.