PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Waterford

limewave
08-10-2006, 05:46 AM
We have a beautiful gold Waterford for sale with Campy 8 on it. We're selling it for a mere $500. The bike is in West Michigan. PM me if you are interested.

limewave
08-12-2006, 06:30 AM
Okay, here are some of the specs

from center bottom bracket to center top tube: 51 cm
Seat post: 27.2
Sun Tour XC Pro Cantilever brakes
Campy Wheels
Mixed Campy and Shimano parts

KnottedYet
08-12-2006, 06:58 AM
I want it!

I can pick it up in December myself. Or I can have someone get it for me and hold onto it until I'm there in December. I will be driving, and I will have my bike rack on the car, so perfect!

Ooooh, I'm all aquiver and I sent you a PM.

I want it, I want it!

KnottedYet
08-12-2006, 07:07 AM
Did I mention that I want it? :D

The size sounds perfect! (just measured my commutermobile for comparison)

Ooooh! Ooooooh!

(Knot-jumping-up-and-down-in-her-chair)

KnottedYet
08-12-2006, 08:05 AM
!!!!!!!!! Score !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trekhawk
08-12-2006, 08:07 AM
!!!!!!!!! Score !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a great bike. Im excited for you. :)

SadieKate
08-12-2006, 03:09 PM
Very nice! I've been lusting after it but I couldn't justify it.

snapdragen
08-12-2006, 03:15 PM
Very nice! I've been lusting after it but I couldn't justify it.

Me either, and I don't have an already existing stable....unlike some people.:p

limewave
08-12-2006, 04:29 PM
Goodbye Waterford, I'll miss you. But I know you'll have a good home with Knottedyet.

KnottedYet
08-12-2006, 05:31 PM
I'll take good care of her, I promise.

I've already saved her picture to my computer desktop so I can look at her any time.

There is a bike shop here that specializes in steel frames. I will ask them what I need to wrap (and how best to wrap) on her so she doesn't get icky riding on the bike rack cross country this winter. (I'll be taking her off the rack and storing her in the hotel rooms at night) I already called the shop and told them I was getting a Waterford and would be bringing it to them for fitting and maintainence. They were pretty excited, and promised they could make it fit me perfectly!

She'll be ok, and I'll keep you posted on her adventures in the pacific northwest. (I've already got big plans for the Seattle-To-Portland and a Seattle to Vancouver BC ride.):D

Commutermobile (the bike in my avatar) promises to keep her company when we're not out riding, too.

DebW
08-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Congrats, Knotted. I thought about this but it's too small for me. It sounds like the steel beast you've been dreaming of. Enjoy her, but I don't want to hear you freaking out over every speck of rust, OK?

KnottedYet
08-12-2006, 08:49 PM
yes, ma'am....

I'll be good.