PDA

View Full Version : Smoothie Recipes

limewave
08-09-2006, 10:12 AM
I've noticed a lot of us like smoothieson this forum. Let's post our favorite smoothie recipes here. I'd love to try out some new recipes myself.

Here's the only smoothie I know how to make:
1 cup OJ
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries (or strawberries)
2 tblsp sugar or splenda

Blueberry
08-09-2006, 11:22 AM
Frozen Blueberries
Frozen Mango
(to taste)
1 Bannana
a package silken tofu
1/2 cup (not exact) vanilla soy milk
squirt of honey

Blend and serve!

Carrie Anne

Tiffanie
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I make this one frequently:

NF milk
PB
Banana
Chocolate whey protein powder
Ice

Yum!!

Geonz
08-09-2006, 01:29 PM
SUch timing - I'm taking the bike blender out for our monthly member meeting ride tomorrow :) Gotta go shopping... hmmm.... last club event it was May and there just weren't the choices...
Anything with, oh, melons? (Hmmm... tomatoes is probably a bit too far - slurping gazpacho just doesn't quite seem as fun...)

weathergal
08-09-2006, 08:32 PM
The smoothie I make all the time is:

1 cup frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
natural or artificial sweetner to taste

I got it off of Mistress Krista's women's weightlifting page.

deedolce
08-09-2006, 09:43 PM
1/2 ripe avocado
1 ripe banana
ice
1/2 cup water of so
Tapioca pearls, if you have them

YES, that's avocado! I had an avocado smoothie at a Vietnamese deli here, and got addicted, so managed to make one myself. YES, it's a green color. Try it! And let me know what you think...
:D

limewave
08-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Yum. I can't wait to try all these new recipes.

blenderman
08-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Hi all, I'm looking for any good smoothie recipes you know and good can be a relative term somtimes. ;-) I'm collecting them at http://www.smoothieweb.com and I am trying to create the largest collection on the web. Please send any smoothie recipes (http://www.smoothieweb.com) you may have to blenderman @ smoothieweb.com or just come by and browse around. You'll find some that are truly unsual such as the peanut butter smoothie and the classics as well.

chickwhorips
08-17-2006, 02:43 PM
i don't have one recipe that i follow. just usually throw this into a blender and go from there:

frozen fruit (whatever i have on hand) about a cup
a banana if i can find one (quite rare lately)
a small thing of yogurt (whatever i have on hand)
some milk
and a small bit of ice cream (makes it really smooth and oh so good!)

i like the ones that are posted on here. makes me want to go home and make one.

Trekhawk
08-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Yum. I can't wait to try all these new recipes.

Hey limewave - my husband got this book (Smoothies and Shakes by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern) from our boys for Fathers Day. Its full of yummy ideas. Im not sure who is happier with the gift my husband or my smoothie testing sons.:D :D

Contents of book
fruit smoothies
frozen smoothies
ice cream smoothies
yoghurt and buttermilk
soy milk, nut milk and oat milk

chickwhorips
08-17-2006, 03:02 PM
didn't know there was such a thing as oat milk or nut milk

Melstar
08-18-2006, 04:13 AM
1)Vanilla ice-cream
2)yogurt
3)Ice cubes
4)Milk
5)fresh fruits--> i love putting in strawberries cuz the little seeds make it fun.

somehow it doesn't turn out supercreamy like at cafes, but it still tastes good.

blenderman
08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
It helps to add a banana to your smoothies to give them a creamier texture. Yogurt is also helpful. Most smoothies have banana in them for this very reason. If you don't like banana flavor make sure you have enough strawberries, etc. to cover the taste of the banana.

Check out our Smoothie Recipes (http://www.smoothieweb.com) at Smoothieweb.com

HipGnosis6
08-19-2006, 09:41 PM
I have this for breakfast almost every day - it's a remnant from when I was training for boxing:

1 small banana
4 tbsp. soy protein (the kind you buy in the bulk foods department)
2 raw eggs
1/2 c. skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla or rum extract
1-2 packets Splenda or Equal

This packs 40 g. of protein! Keep in mind that it's pretty high calorie, too. And it's a hell of a lot better than cracking eggs into a glass and taking them like shots of whiskey.

You can add any seasonal fruit you'd like for a different taste.

IVIIkkiS
09-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I usually just stick to milk (soy or skim), a banana, and some strawberries. It definetly gets the job done and it really easy to make. But the coffee one sounds amazingly good, should try it soon. Thank you.

pooks
09-02-2006, 02:39 PM
The smoothie I make all the time is:

1 cup frozen blueberries or other frozen fruit
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup skim milk
natural or artificial sweetner to taste

I got it off of Mistress Krista's women's weightlifting page.

Okay, if you want to take this to the next level -- add a little crunchy peanut butter and top with fresh minced mint, lots of it.

I haven't tried it as a smoothie, but this is one of my favorite breakfasts. Cottage cheese, blueberries, nuts or peanut butter and lots of mint. Give it a try and let me know what you think!