PDA

View Full Version : August Secret Sister

redhot3368
08-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi!!!
THANK YOU SOOO MUCH TO MY SECRET SISTER!!!
I received my package today!!
A cool TEXAS coffee mug and 3 different flavors of coffee!!
I will try the cofee tomorrow morning in my new mug!!

Thanks again so much!
Karen

redhot3368
08-09-2006, 05:16 AM
Hi!
Can I request that when we receive a package from our secret sister that we post it? I think mine were delivered but haven't heard yet!
That would be wonderful!

Thanks girls!
Karen

Bikingmomof3
08-09-2006, 05:25 AM
I recieved a package from my Secret Sister!! She sent a mug and a magnet-both read "I'd Rather Be Riding My Bike". THANK YOU! :D

Other SS infor:

I have my box almost aready to send to my SS.

TwoWeims
08-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I received my package from my SS in LA today!! Thanks so much for the mug depicting all the sunny beaches. Also thanks for the great tea and magnet!!

Diane portion of the Two Weims
(Laura will post when she receives her package-)

Bikingmomof3
08-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Thank you so very much to my SS out in California. A second box arrived today!! First a cute mug and magnet which read, "I'd Rather Be Riding" (how true) and now today a boxed filled with 2 different varieties of Starbuck's coffees-French Roast and Caffe Verona. Thank You so very much!!! :D

im4smiley
08-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Thank you secret sister...way cool travel mug...can't wait to try it out and the coffee...yum yum and the white chocolate espresso beans are awesome!! Thank you again. :) :)

Shiraz
08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Dear Secret Sister,
I received my package today.What wonderful SECRET SISTER you are !! I love the different teas and coffee, the really neat mug, chocolate bandaides "for lifes little boo-boos" and a really special card. The card was inspirational and motivating. I walked in from a great ride and was treated to a wonderful package! I can tell you put time and heart into picking it out and finding the right card.

Thankyou again,
Anita "Shiraz"
B][/B]

dobielover1
08-15-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm mailing my package out in the morning.

Nanci
08-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I'm mailing mine...this month!!!...Mine is difficult, plus I want it to be nice, so.

dobielover1
08-16-2006, 05:15 AM
My package arrived today!! Thank you Secret Sister! It's a cool mug with a bike on it that says "Follow your heart wherever it takes you", plus a spoke bracelet and a variety of teas. My favorite is the vanilla hazelnut...think I'm going to have a cup right now.

Thanks again!

Bikingmomof3
08-16-2006, 08:25 AM
I am mailing my SS's package to her today. She should have it by Friday-Saturday at the latest.

bikerz
08-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Mine goes out today too!

mountainpuddles
08-17-2006, 11:52 AM
mine is going out today too. B

DrBee
08-17-2006, 03:05 PM
My package arrived today! Thanks SS! I could smell the coffee as soon as I took the paper off of the box! They all smell sooooo yummy! I loved the mug and the note, too! The note made it all that much more special! Thank you!!!!!:D

DrBee
08-17-2006, 03:05 PM
To my SS - I'm mailing the package tomorrow! I promise! You should have it by early next week. I'm such a slacker. Ugh!

bikerz
08-17-2006, 09:11 PM
I'm so excited - I just opened up my Secret Sister package - all the way from Down Under (who could it be from??? hmmm?? :rolleyes: )

A very cool travel mug (which matches my car perfectly), some coffee, a protein bar, and candy - and best of all - vegemite (I love vegemite!) All I need now is some toast! What an excellent package! Thanks very much to a certain Aussie!

Nanci
08-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks SS!! I _love_ the mug!! So does BF- I will have a hard time keeping it away from him! Had my first cup of coffee in it this morning- it was delicious.

The Lip Schit attacked the Bag Balm and the Sport Beans- got thing it was in a ziplock!

Thank you so much,

Nanci

TwoWeims
08-19-2006, 06:28 PM
Got home today and saw a package on my front porch! :D Wow, sister!! What an awesome surprise! Loved the Peets mug...coffee is awesome-can't wait to get into it in the morning...and then the candy--my weakness! You rock! Totally made my day! Thank you so very much. Please feel free to send me a PM...would enjoy writing you more.

Laura...the other half of TwoWeims

PS...your handwriting was just fine!

kerrybelle
08-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the coffee, mug and, of course, the chocolates! The candy is very tasty. I love the cherries! Haven't tried the coffee yet, but the flavors sound wonderful.

Kerry

denda
08-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I got home last night from hiking up Mt. Massive in Colorado and I had a package from my SS. I was SO excited! Thank you so much for the very pretty mug and the tea. The tea looks very interesting. I can't wait to try it in the morning. And thanks also for the little extras! The pack of Honey Stinger and the multi-tool. I hope to get back on my bike tomorrow. It has been raining here, Hal-le-lu-jah! Finally some rain!!
Thanks again Secret Sister.

cherinyc
08-22-2006, 09:55 AM
I went to get the mail after work yesterday (I live in a townhouse, so the mailboxes are clustered together). As I got close to the mailboxes, I said to myself, I smell some GOOOOOD coffee. I opened my small envelope slot, and had a key to open the package size mailbox. WHAT AN AWESOME SURPRISE!!!! The whole neighborhood got to smell my white chocolate coffee - yet, I get to drink it as well.
Thank you also for the white choc espresso beans and the mug. I might find my bf bouncing off the caffeine wall if I don't hide those though.

For my RECEIVING SS - yours is now boxed and going out.
Cheers all!

ikkin
08-22-2006, 10:03 AM
okay, i'm jealous. how does one get in on future secret sisters??? i want in!! :) :)

mtbdarby
08-22-2006, 10:05 AM
I've been rushing home to see if my AV jerseys are in my mailbox yet (nope) but I had a wonderful SS package for me the other day!

Thank you SS from RI!! I absolutly love my new coffee mug and 6 - can you believe 6 - different coffee flavors! I'm planning my first cup tomorrow morning in anticipation (ok, I haven't done my dishes in a few days). And the post it notes were on the mark.

Thanks again - what a wonderful package!

To my SS - I have looked hi and low for a cool coffee cup. I finally found what I wanted on line so as soon as it gets here I will add the other goodies and off it goes.

cherinyc
08-22-2006, 10:15 AM
oooh - I forgot. My SS lives in Cleveland, MS. I never knew there WAS such a place.
Thanks again!

Aggie_Ama
08-22-2006, 11:22 AM
To all the patient women still waiting.... It seems every month I apologize for being behind on the sending. I have my gift, just lacking an acceptable box. :rolleyes: I will work on this issue tonight and try to mail it tomorrow so you get it August!

*I am a Mail/Shipping Procrastinator*

spokewench
08-22-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm fairly new to this forum. How do you sign up for the secret sister thing?

I'm guessing that you get notified to purchase a coffee mug and coffee and send it to your secret sister in a certain month?

Grog
08-23-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow! Thank you SS!

I had a big box waiting for me at my mailbox today. I thought, 'Oh my god, if this is all coffee I'll die of cafeine overdose!!'

No, not only there is coffee (yum!) but also a beautiful ceramic mug, a travel mug (I just needed to replace mine, thanks!) and a photo album (also timely, I'm just back from vacation!).

Thank you thank you thank you! :)

Aggie_Ama
08-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Ikkin and Spoke- Someone will post a thread anouncing the SS sign up. PM the organizer, get your name, ship your gift and watch the mail! It is quite fun.

On a side note- I slept better last night knowing my package was in the hands of my local post office. Now it is up to USPS to get it there before next week. :p

Aggie_Ama
08-25-2006, 02:52 PM
Thanks to my August Secret Sister (Cheri?) I had a great Friday afternoon surprise. The mug is so funky and different from my other plan old mugs, I love it! I cannot wait to try to hot chocolate in my freezing office. And I have never seen those Luna bars, something new!

You must have read my profile or saw some post up my fur babies. Either way, they loved the treats. :D Thanks a bunch.

Nanci
08-26-2006, 03:29 AM
I finally ordered the finishing touches for my August SS! Now I just have to get it packaged! It has to go through customs, though- I wonder how much they'll tear it up...SS- sorry it's going to take forever, but it will be worth it!

July SS- I use my mug every day!! I love it!!!

cherinyc
08-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Ikkin and Spoke- Someone will post a thread anouncing the SS sign up. PM the organizer, get your name, ship your gift and watch the mail! It is quite fun.

On a side note- I slept better last night knowing my package was in the hands of my local post office. Now it is up to USPS to get it there before next week. :p

Hi Amanda - guess it wasn't hard to figure me out, huh - it was the Princeton part that did it wasn't it?
Anyway - I saw in your profile that you had 2 schnauzers. My little angel (actually he's probably 1/2 devil) is a 1/2 schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle mix) and 1/2 yorkie. I know he loves peanut butter flavored treats, so....
Anyway - enjoy the hot chocolate, and let me know how it is. The Bent Spoon in Princeton is known for their funky ice cream flavors and such, so no surprise they have funky hot chocolate as well. Check them out:
http://www.thebentspoon.net/

MomOnBike
08-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Whoopee!

I just got a lovely package with rose-flavored tea and a giraffe teacup.

Life is truely good. (As is the tea. :) )

I'll put Rose right next to Earl (the elephant cup from the same series that Elder Daughter gave me last Christmas) on the cup shelf. They'll get along famously.

And yes, I do seem to name my cups, too. :eek:

PAP103
08-31-2006, 05:12 AM
After a hectic day yesterday, I arrived home to find a nice surprise from my SS. Thank you SS for the 3 flavors of coffee, goodies and AWESOME mug. I was going to wait till the weekend to try the flavored coffee but couldn't wait and had Vanilla Creme this morning in my new 'On Yer Bike' mug! Yummy.

Thanks, Dar!
Patty

mtkitchn
09-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Thank you to a secret sister from way up north!
I now have a pretty "girlie" mug that my husband won't use for his nasty coffee:D . Thanks for the black tea, green tea, and tea filters, too!

MomOnBike
09-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I was wondering if there was another tea drinker on the list.

I had to laugh about the remark about keeping your DH from putting his nasty coffee in your tea cup. Elder Daughter gave me a nice cup for my birthday that says "Don't even THINK of putting coffee in here!"

My DH doesn't drink hot beverages. I'm safe - but I sure have a lot of cups for one woman.

chickwhorips
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
my bf used my tea cup for his coffee once. he wasn't happy his coffee tasted like tea. he knows now not to use my cups.

we have cups for tea and cups for coffee in my household.

Patti37
09-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Thank you so much for all the wonderful items you sent. I love both coffee and tea. I will be trying the coffee out shortly.

The LIVESTRONG mug is perfect! I love the lollipop from the Unversity of Missouri. Did you go to school there?

Thanks again. And I have no idea who you are at the moment but I will be keeping an eye out to see if I can figure it out.

mountainpuddles
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
Thank you secret isster for the coffee and the mug!!! I will have to try it out in the morning. Becky

Nanci
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
I am so annoyed. Performance Bike has the world's SLOWEST shipping. I finally finalized my SS supplies with a Performance order, last Tuesday, which was supposed to be upgraded to the two day shipping for club members. So I'm thinking Friday? Well here it is, the next Wednesday, and still no package. Oh, they took two days to ship it!!! Why, oh why, can't TE with their perfect shipping carry everything??? I hope my August SS enjoys her Christmas present from me!!!

Nanci
09-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Finally here, and one item is not what I ordered, exactly, but will fit with the theme better, I think! I sent a complaining letter to Performance, too. I never do that.

TwoWeims
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks so much to my secret sister who sent the items from the English Tea Store. What a nice treat! Thanks again!!

Two Weims

jeannierides
09-20-2006, 08:39 AM
:o

I'm afraid I let my life get in the way of my August SS! I really feel bad, but I finally got your package mailed today - priority mail by the USPS, so, if you haven't received your package from August, and you're wondering "what the h*ll is up with that?" - it's me being late... so sorry.:(

Now, however, I'm wondering if my other August SS has had the same issues I had... I haven't received my August package either! :(

Patti37
09-21-2006, 01:09 AM
:o

I'm afraid I let my life get in the way of my August SS! I really feel bad, but I finally got your package mailed today - priority mail by the USPS, so, if you haven't received your package from August, and you're wondering "what the h*ll is up with that?" - it's me being late... so sorry.:(

Now, however, I'm wondering if my other August SS has had the same issues I had... I haven't received my August package either! :(

Hey, I am still waiting for July. HAHAHA

jeannierides
09-21-2006, 09:39 AM
oh, Patti, that's not good! :( But it makes me feel a bit better about being so late sending my August out!;)

light_sabe_r
09-23-2006, 01:48 AM
I got my secret sister package on friday!!! BF was in underwear at home working on his PhD research proposal when Australia post showed up...

HOORAY!

Custom's didnt' touch this one. ^_^ A polar bottle, (currently in the freezer with the cytomax from July's secret sister in it) some lollies like candied corn and little pumpkins, a very very very freaking cool red tea cup with infuser! I love it! white chinese tea (me and my mil-2-b will enjoy that one he he he) some blinky lights & BRAVE SOLDIER! (am yet to test this... Have a TRI tomorrow morning so I'll give it a go!)

All packaged up in BEAUTIFUL wrapping paper with little birdie glitter thingys!!! loved it loved it loved it!

laughlaugh18
09-24-2006, 12:27 PM
:(

I just got the package and, given your post and the return addie on the box, even *I* could figure out who my secret sister is!!! :D

Thanks Jeannie - I love the mug; the apache blessing is lovely. And the decaf coffee selection looks yummy.

All good things come to she who waits! Thanks!!

Cathy

jeannierides
09-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Haha! You're certainly welcome, Cathy! I'm glad it got there safely...:D I'm not too good at keeping secrets...;)