PDA

View Full Version : Rides near Charlemont, MA

laury
08-07-2006, 05:45 AM
I'm looking for a few road routes in the area of Charlement/Shelburne Falls Mass. Does anyone know of clubs or bike shops in the area? I'm going to be riding on my own in that area on 9/7 - 9/9 while my husband takes a kayak class at Zoar Outdoors. Would welcome company but am fine on my own if I have a clue where to go. Thanks!

im4smiley
08-07-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi Laury, I haven't done this ride but got an email notice about it. Sunday mornings -9AM- there is a ride from McCusker's Store in Shelburne Falls. There is a slightly slower, less competitive ride (14-18mph) that if people show up for, I will "lead"- if people don't show up, I go off with the first group.
We usually ride between 2 and 2 1/2 hours- there are no flat rides from there, but they are beautiful. Mark Bluver 413-774-4670. Also I ride out of Bicycles Unlimited in Greenfield 413-772-2700, they don't have scheduled rides on Friday or Saturday, but we usually have a ride on Sunday morning, "Bob" at the shop might be able to help you.

Do you know the area at all? Are you from the area? What kind of riding do you do..road, mtb? I may be doing a century on that Saturday otherwise I could meet you for a ride in Greenfield.