PDA

View Full Version : Brooks Team Pro

Nanci
08-06-2006, 09:15 AM
In my quest to find an even-more-perfect saddle, I am wondering about Brooks. The one that comes closest to the measurements of my Fizik Vitesse (154x270) is the Team Pro, 160x280. It's very pretty. I would want titanium rails.

I tried the Blackwell Flow, which was the first cutout saddle I've ridden. Took it on several rides up to about 40 miles, but just didn't love it. It measures 150mm wide, and felt just a teeny bit too narrow. It wasn't hate at first sight, though- it was just a bit too cushy and a bit too narrow in the seat. I might put it on my little MTB with road tires that I never ride.

I've noticed that a lot of the Brooks saddles are quite a bit wider than what I've been riding.

A friend of mine has one she hates, w hich she is going to let me borrow, but I am not sure which model it is.

WrensMom
08-06-2006, 03:16 PM
I got the Team Pro for my Bianchi recently from Wallingford (love the 6 month trial period). So far it has been ok, but I'm not sure if it is really wide enough for my very wide sit bones. I do love its look, though, with the copper rivets:cool:

KnottedYet
08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
My Brooks is muuuuuuuch wider than the Team Pro. I think Quillfred has a Team Pro or Team Pro S. You might want to PM her and ask her some questions.

WM - you might like the B67, B66, or B72 better. They are definitely comfy for the wide-boned crowd! If you measure your bones and tell Bill your measurements and how your body reacted to the Brooks you have now, I bet he could tell you what saddle might suit you best.

WrensMom
08-06-2006, 08:41 PM
KY--I have been working up to calling Bill--there is part of me that just doesn't want to hear that I need one of the sprung saddles, because I still like the way the unsprung look better. Petty, I know:o I need to get over it, for the sake of my tush.

farrellcollie
08-07-2006, 05:52 AM
I have a team pro s on my roadbike - I like it. I did not want a sprung saddle on roadbike either - although I really want to try a B67. I may exchange the B17 (my least favorite of the brooks - it is on my hrybrid) for one - aslo you might want to check out the S models - the shorter saddles fit me better

Quillfred
08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
My black Team Pro is breaking in nicely. I'd advice reading through the Brooks threads if you havent already as it was important to wait out the slipperiness and fit adjust the nose tilt. It is a tad small for my ample rear.

I just ordered a green Finesse - which is essentially the Team Pro S in Ti. It is due to arrive today. :D The cromo felt a little top heavy on my otherwise light road bike. I read and read up on the saddle differences and the Team Pro is recommended for those who like to spend a fair amount of time in the drops.

I am guessing that the difference between the B17 and TP is that the B17 is flatter while the TP protects the bits by rising up a little in the back of the seat. I've also heard that the TP might be a little thicker leather and may take a little longer to break in.

Quill

Nanci
08-11-2006, 04:02 AM
Hmmm- a friend is loaning me her Team Pro S just to try for the weekend. She didn't like it, but others told her she didn't give it a chance, so now it's going on her commuter bike.

I think the S series are too short and wide for what I like- but I can at least sit on this one and find out.