PDA

View Full Version : HOW100 Breast Cancer Ride

Trekmom52
08-01-2006, 02:39 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. Just wanted to invite everyone to c'mon to Tennessee to an awesome event on September 9th, 2006. It's the second annual Hope on Wheels Breast Cancer Charity Ride on the Natchez Trace Parkway. It's a women only event; mothers, daughters, sisters, and friends riding in honor of those touched by breast cancer. Last year we had almost 500 women and raised $66,000. There's an event fee but no minimum fundraising amount. 100% of all donations go to the Minnie Pearl Cancer Research Foundation. Just do the best you can, tell others about it, and come out and join the fun. It's an out and back, so you can choose your own distance, although the advertised distances are 25, 50, and 100 miles. Plenty of good food and fun at the many rest stops.

For more information go to www.how100.org

See ya in Tennessee, Trekmom

susan.wells
08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I would love to do this ride since I'm a native Tennessean. I've already signed up for the One Day Ride Across Michigan (ODRAM) on that day. Maybe next year! Are you riding Trekmom52? I would love to sponsor a rider and a TE forum participant would be my choice.

Susan

SouthernBelle
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
I found that website recently. Although I can't ride it this year, I plan to next year. I've been wanting to ride Natchez Trace anyway.

If you can, let us know when registration begins for next year's ride so fundraising can start early.

ETA: Where in TN are you?

Trek420
08-02-2006, 09:37 AM
oooh, and if you can't get there....check out the bike :)

www.how100.org/hopebikes

Trekmom52
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
This is just the second year; if the ride does well and continues to grow it should be around the same time every year. The website is well maintained, so check back often for updates.
I love the Natchez Trace. Although this ride only covers the first 50 miles, the Trace actually runs 450 miles from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS. I've covered it twice on a bike (1999 & 2002) and plan to do it again this later this year.
Yes Susan, I'm riding the HOW again this year. Thanks for asking. You can sponsor a rider from the website. I'm the only Danita on the riders list :)
BTW SouthernBelle, I'm east of Nashville, gotta love those rolling hills of middle TN.