PDA

View Full Version : some bitter old man

crazybikinchic
07-31-2006, 04:32 PM
This has absolutely nothing to do with cycling but here it goes.

Yesterday, I was leaving work for a short lunch break. I was trying to get out onto a street where cars were coming. This old man behind me starting honking his horn, then proceeds to roll into the back of me. I jumped out of the car and had a few choice words with him. I told him that he dented my car and asked for his insurance. He told me to p*** off and backed up and left. I fortunately got his license plate and called the police. It is not that I am hurt, it is the fact that I have a scratch on my car and the fact that he has to learn that he can not run into people because they are not driving the way that he feels they should. Some people need to SLOW down.:mad:

CorsairMac
07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
not So far OT my friend, what if you had been bike commuting yesterday instead of driving.....would he have rammed your back tire? It scrares me to think he would've.....I truly do not understand road rage and probably never will.:(

alpinerabbit
08-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Listen to this...

I was taking my bike along on the train before the weekend, put it into a stall out by the door where there's a flip-down seat/wheelchair area, unoccupied of course. Next to that is a 4 seat compartment where I sat to have an eye on Fred (the bike).

first stop a guy gets in and tries to flip down the seat, bumping my bike. I told him to please sit across from me where there were 2 empty seats.

The jerk started to tell me off, threatening to hit me and called me what's best translated as "dork", continuing to mumble under his cigarette-saturated breath. Judging from what he wore he's got some problem, is not working etc. - I was kinda sorry for him but also pretty annoyed. People having to take out their personal problems on others.... thanks but no thanks.

And it's very often middle-aged to elderly men, don't ya think? Those disappointed by life, perhaps??

BleeckerSt_Girl
08-01-2006, 05:50 AM
People having to take out their personal problems on others.... thanks but no thanks.

And it's very often middle-aged to elderly men, don't ya think? Those disappointed by life, perhaps??

Poor guy obviously never gets any. :eek:

Nanci
08-02-2006, 11:48 AM
Every time I see the title of this thread, I think of something a friend of mine used to say:

"I like my coffee like I like my men...

(page down)

(it's not what you're thinking!!)

Weak and bitter."