PDA

View Full Version : A big hand for Renee, triathalon woman

Surlygirl
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
Congrats to Renee for finishing her triathalon yesterday, even in this heat.
Maybe she will post an update if we all clap.

wavedancer
07-31-2006, 04:36 PM
CLAP-CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!! LET'S HEAR ABOUT IT! :D
Congratulatons, Renee

mosaic
07-31-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm new around here and don't know Renee, but I'd love to hear her report, especially if she did the Danskin Tri yesterday. I was there as well and loved it. Not so much the swimming part, but the atmosphere was so great I still have the post race high and can't stop thinking everything is Brilliant!! (more given mantra word, which goes nicely with my love of Guinness).:D

Denise223
07-31-2006, 07:51 PM
CONGRATULATIONS RENEE :) !

Just checked out info on the Danskin Tri from over the weekend (Webster, MA)

http://www.timberlinetiming.com/index.cfm?action=dspClientHome&clientid=1&sh

Goodnight everyone :)

Denise

Surlygirl
08-01-2006, 04:53 AM
Congrats Mosaic and welcome to the New England board. Tell us about your race day too.

mosaic
08-03-2006, 05:57 AM
Congrats Mosaic and welcome to the New England board. Tell us about your race day too.

Thanks for the welcome. Besides brilliant, the race was a lot of fun. I can't really swim so great and get some bad anxiety, but the bike and run legs went fine. This was my second tri, but I did it with many first timer friends and everyone was so happy and pleased at the end I think they are hooked too, which is great because the more the merrier.

plushride
08-08-2006, 05:09 AM
Sorry for the late reply! EVERY woman should do the Danskin! They will give you a noodle and a swim angel to help you along in the swim, you can walk the bike up the big hills, and you can walk the run course if you want. It's very doable. For those who don't know the Danskin, it's to benefit breast cancer and it's a sprint distance triathlon which is a 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike ride, 3 mile run. The swim was in Lake Webster which was weedier than I would like ( I LOVE Walden Pond), the bike was rolling hills with the exception of a series of 4 steep hills at about the 5 mile mark. The run was flat and lined with well-wishers. By the time I started the run, it was HOT, but my mom, who is a champion racewalker, told me to stick ice down my jogbra. It worked great to drop my core temp, but I sounded like I was mixing a drink running along! I also dumped icewater over my head at every water stand. I was pretty slow, finishing in the bottom third for the swim and run, but I placed about 1100 of 1900 in the bike, so I was happy with that! What an AMAZING feeling it is to cross that finish line and get the finishers medal! I am planning a beginner's tri group for women, so if anyone is interested in doing it next year, please email me at spirit7125@hotmail.com. Three of us formed a group this year and we did a workout every w/e including bricks ( swim/bike or bike/run), transition workshops, and most of all, supported eachother! Next event is the flattest century in the east but I haven't been getting mileage in so I'm a bit nervous! Thanks for the support! Renee