PDA

View Full Version : NY rides

Jessie
01-06-2004, 08:35 PM
Has anyone done the 5 borough ride in New York? I'm thinking about doing it but had a lot of questions . thanks... in advance

modbike
02-22-2004, 05:23 PM
hey there....
I did it two years ago, and I was not really happy....unless you get there really really early you are going to be in the middle or even end-field and so you have to wait at all points (like the start, the entrance to Central Park, the bridges etc.), that was no fun at all....
and even it is cool going down the West Side Highway and the bridges, that does not make up for the fact that there are way too many people....so take it as a nice way to see the city, go with a friend and take it slow....you are not able to break any speed-records.....
modbike

Jessie
02-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the input... I already decided against it for the very reason you stated. I have a friend that lives in NY that did it a while back and just remembered how crowded it was. I guess it seemed that going over the V. Narrows bridge would be really fun.
Anyway, thanks again

bikerINco
06-03-2005, 09:28 PM
i thought the same....you waited too long at many points during the ride. The organization was terrible..it may be better now. i last road it in 2002.

participate in the MS tour...MUCH better.