PDA

View Full Version : C&O Canal, weekend of 8/2 - 8/3?

Kalidurga
07-30-2006, 01:54 PM
Anyone up for a C&O ride next weekend, either Saturday 8/2 or Sunday 8/3 (weather permitting)?

mtbmargie
07-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Kali-

Saturday and Sunday are 8/5 and 8/6. I would love to join you but I'm traveling to nj this weekend. I'll be available the weekend of the 19th or 26th. maybe we can meet up then. hope you have a good ride this weekend! :)

-m

Kalidurga
07-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Saturday and Sunday are 8/5 and 8/6.

Ok, I blame my temporary inability to read a calendar on the fact that I indulged my slothful side today and was a total couch potato. If I had gotten out biking, my mind would have been sharper. Thanks for the correction, Margie.

If the 5th or 6th don't work for anyone else, I could do either the 19th or pretty much any Sunday.

tulip
07-31-2006, 06:04 AM
Are you thinking the whole C&O canal, or just parts? I'm itching to do a road ride, but if I can't manage it (driving to Loudoun County, which I hate doing), I may be up for a C&O ride.

Kalidurga
07-31-2006, 08:33 AM
I'm not much on camping, so I'm not sure I'd ever ride the entire C&O in one trip. At this point, though, I've pedaled all but the first 12 miles of it in sections. I usually hop on the towpath, go 10-15 miles, and then turn around to make it a round trip of 20-30 miles. And I take a fair number of breaks along the way to enjoy the scenery (alright, I admit it, they're really rest breaks, but the scenery is a definite plus).

Selkie
07-31-2006, 01:14 PM
My 'cross bike should be coming in the next month or 6 weeks, so I won't be able to join you until then. Maybe we can plan for a ride sometime in September, too? Tulip, I can meet you in Georgetown, maybe, and we can head west to meet everyone else? Of course, that would make for a long ride for both of us, with me riding in from Ballston and you from PG Co, on top of whatever miles we put in heading West w/the others. Or we can all meet at Great Falls Park in MD (plenty of parking, although you will have to pay to get in the park)? It's kind of a nice compromise in terms of a halfway point to meet.