PDA

View Full Version : 102 miles...

Veronica
07-27-2006, 05:32 AM
That's how many miles I need to equal last year's mileage.

It's going to be tough making my monthly mileage goals next year - especially come July. Maybe July needs to be the month I go touring every year. :D

V.

mimitabby
07-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Veronica, 102 miles, you can do that riding 10 miles 3x a week for 3 weeks!
(and one extra day :) )

SheFly
07-27-2006, 07:32 AM
So, only need one more ride, right ;) . Just kidding. My current yearly mileage has surpassed last year by about 750. I don't think I've put as many miles on my car this year as I have on my bike....

Good job, Veronica! Good luck on getting the additional century (+) out of the way.

SheFly

Veronica
07-27-2006, 07:44 AM
The current plan is a hard 30 miles tomorrow - keeping the heart rate just below my lactate threshhold, once I warm up. I hate rides like that. :(

This weekend about a 100 miles, with a goal of keeping the pace I need to finish my next double century before the cutoff.

So, if I actually do what I'm supposed to...I'll finish up July with about 800 miles and more miles for 2006 than 2005.

I need to give my butt a break today. My favorite shorts - yeah the wicked expensive LG ones - are now too big! And I have the chafing to prove it. :mad:

I've already ordered the next size down, but I'm afraid they'll be too tight. Fortunately I still have some of the old style Sugois that I think will be okay for the double.

V.

Lise
07-27-2006, 07:52 AM
You are amazing, V. Where's that little icon for bowing down in respect? Hmmmm...don't have one. But you get the picture! L.

Bikingmomof3
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
You can do it V. :)

CorsairMac
07-27-2006, 11:09 AM
you Go V!! I'm 1000 miles give or take Down from where I was last year. It was stressing me for awhile until I had to ask myself who really cared??........took a huge load off my shoulders. (well ok..that and NOT climbing friggin mountains Every weekend which I was doing for awhile! LOL)

MomOnBike
07-27-2006, 01:05 PM
CM, yeah, I noticed that you aren't as far ahead of me as you were last year at this time.

For the record, I'm spot on as far as this year's mileage goal goes, and right at last year's pace. (I had a hard time sustaining last year.)

And V, you can do the 103 miles before breakfast. You're an inspiration.