PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to balance in your saddle or does it put you there naturally?

Luci
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi all. I'm still trying different saddles; Terry Butterfly, Liberator, Serfas Yuckas, Vitesse,

I'm soooo picky about my horse saddles because a good one will put you in the sweet spot naturally. It occured to me that maybe my old saddle allowed me to ride in an incorrect position and I'm just used to being able to be slopy about where I sit. Could this be????? Or, it is a wrong saddle if I have to push myself to the back a little for comfort?

In my old true blue GT gel lite saddle my seatbones are in the right spot on it and I can tip my pelvis forward if I want and still be comfy when I'm pushing hard uphill etc. or just sit normally. There is no thought as to where I sit to keep my seatbones happy. They are always happy. (The rest can get uncomfortable after a few hours)

In the Butterfly I can feel my seatbones as though I'm on the edge of a chair unless I remember to sit back a little and the same with the Liberator. The other saddles didn't have any spot where I wasn't putting weight on the inside edge of my seatbones. It could be that I needed to pull the saddle forward more, but then it's not as level.

Thanks!!!! Some day I'll have a happy tushie and can post about my ride instead of my darn butt:rolleyes: :D

Luci
07-28-2006, 11:02 AM
Hmmm . . . don't seem to find the edit button or delete on this thread.

I guess this seemed like a dumb question. I've answered most of it by more research and will just visit a shop on my bike and have them show me where I should be sitting.

mimitabby
07-28-2006, 11:22 AM
I just saw this, Luci
a horse's back is always right there; but on a bike there are SO MANY adjustments. Try to make your bike saddle as horizontal as possible
for starters!

SalsaMTB
07-28-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmm...with my saddle, I can sit anywhere on it without noticing my sitbones. I move around on it. Like you said, moving forward to climb and just different positions for different times (although I seem to spend a lot of time out of the saddle). Anyway, I've never noticed one position where it bothers my sitbones. I say, keep looking!