PDA

View Full Version : July 25 rides

DDH
07-25-2006, 05:35 AM
Well, I got up late this morning, so it was already late and the sun was already up. I went to bed to late last night, my bottom is sore from yesterday and my neck and shoulders hurt. Don't want to go.
I got up, I went. Didn't go quite as far today. only rode 8 miles. Time was a little quicker but I guess that is because I went almost a mile less, 46 minutes. Avg speed still 10.3.

Have a great day girls!! I feel better since I went ahead and got up and went.

Tater
07-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Way to stick to it, DDH!

Just the usual morning commute for me. Finally got rid of the rear derailler problems and now she shifts and rides much quieter. I can't stand extra noises on my bike!

AuntieK
07-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Did an easy nine miles with DH this morning. Had to get back for work, so didn't go as long and far as usual. OK with me as I'm pretty tired lately (ready for a nap already and it's only 8:20 am :rolleyes: )

Brandy
07-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Good job Donna!

Tiff and I did a 13 mile *stop and start, trying to figure out the bike paths in Irvine and finally deciding that bike paths aren't worth the hassle so screw them and ride the roads* ride this morning. :D

suhollyberry
07-25-2006, 07:05 AM
*Mind if I join this thread?*

Good job on getting up! I'm still working on that aspect of my riding. It's going to be HOT HOT HOT after work today so my ride won't be quite as long as I wanted it to be. I'm going to aim for 10 miles, maybe more if it cools down!

makbike
07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Super job Donna, you are doing great. Keep up the good work!

I got in a quick (for the recumbent) ride this morning (23 miles). I need to be packing and getting last things together before I depart today for Tenn but I felt the need to ride before I climb in the car. I've decided to leave my bikes at home and give my legs some rest for the are very tired after pedaling nearly 730 miles this month. A few days off will do my body good but I really do hate the thought of not riding again until Friday, seems so far off in the week. Time to shower, pack the dogs off to the kennel, pack the car, get the cats settled and head South for a few days of relaxation at my parent's house. Have a great week!

dobielover1
07-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Well, just call me Wanker Girl...the heat was pretty oppressive this morning, so I put the bike on the trainer and rode for an hour. Maybe I'll get outdoors again by November.

Fredwina
07-25-2006, 08:58 AM
Donna,
Keep it up! it will get easier
When I started out at 5AM, it was already 78. I looked at my thermometer for the high yesterday - 112.7! and people wonder why I ride in the morning
Did some climbing,(at a better pace, Practice works!) and then flew back down the hill at 30+. No wildlife,but did some other cyclists, was tempted to tell some to get some lights! Beats sleeping in

Tiffanie
07-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Good job Donna!

Tiff and I did a 13 mile *stop and start, trying to figure out the bike paths in Irvine and finally deciding that bike paths aren't worth the hassle so screw them and ride the roads* ride this morning. :D

lol! Like your description! :D

margo49
07-25-2006, 10:59 AM
Out at dawn again. 2 hours.

Amazing the way you can see multiple sun rises if you go east towards a range of hills.
Turns in the road and the varying height of the hills means you are sometimes in dawn and sometimes in daylight.
It's all only physics of course but if you approach it in a particular frame of mind/awareness it is a wonderful experience.

Saw 2 out of the 3 species of kingfisher in the Region. Nice little waves on the lake and all the beaches 100% deserted.

Pity about the explosions in the distance....

SandyLS
07-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Margo,
I am so glad you are able to get out and ride. Please know that my thoughts and prayers for your safty are with you. It sounds like you are able to find much beauty in your part of the world despite the sad situation over there.
Sandy

EvilTwin
07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Rode a sweet 30 mile loop up in the North Santiam canyon. A female surgeon I work with who is an avid rider had the day off, so off we went. I'm still slow going uphill, but I can fly down hills and on the flats. This is the first time I've ridden with someone other than the DBF. It was a lot of fun. Saw several deer, bunnies, log trucks:( and a few cars. We were out early (8:00am), so most of the road was ours. We rode along the river, in and out of the shade... such an awesome ride! Now off to REI for last minute shopping before BikeIdaho!

salsabike
07-25-2006, 12:34 PM
Nice 27 mile ride on the trail, even though we all had to walk our bikes around trail paving activities (it's to our benefit, so what the heck--nice day for a walk too!). Cooler!!! In the 70s today. Thank you, God. Ate a bug or two, as usual. Added a off-trail hill into the mix, since the trail itself is so flat.

tprevost
07-25-2006, 12:37 PM
... did about 24 miles around the wine country in Temecula. Took it very easy out of respect for mother nature... it was 107 when I finished :eek:

Fortunately, it was not that hot when I started and from about mid-point on, there were some great headwinds (okay, this is probably the only time I'll ever say headwinds were great!) that helped a lot w/keeping me from overheating.

Drank 3 bottles and another once I got back to the car. Considering the circumstances, it was a really nice ride!

T~

BleeckerSt_Girl
07-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh my GOD, T, that's HOT!!

We were luckier here, the heat wave is over. This morning was warm sunny but breezy with lower humidity.
I alternate between walking and biking, so this morning I did my usual 3 mile brisk walk.
The loaner bike I've been on is a bit small for me but overall comfortable. But I think it's been causing some aching in my knees and in my hip. (Never had this before I started biking a month ago) My knees were both sore from yesterday when I started my walk this morning, but it seems the walk "fixed" them because they were fine again by the end of my walk and have felt fine all day now. Interesting!...
Am hoping my new bike will fit me so well that this will not be an issue.

Bikingmomof3
07-25-2006, 04:40 PM
My Brooks saddle arrived today and I took it for a 9.7 mile test ride. I averaged 15 mph, which surprised me, because the seat is slippery! I am getting used to it. DH and I just rode around the neighbourhood exploring and before we knew it, we had to go home and make dinner. I am looking forward to getting out on my new saddle more tomorrow.

light_sabe_r
07-25-2006, 05:43 PM
Did my regular commute... with a slight detour to the library which was CLOSED! (unfair!)

Anyway. Did my 10K yesturday, got home and there was a note on my door from the Post office that a parcel was waiting for me and I had to collect it before 4:30pm when it shut.

It was 4:10pm...

I was amazed that I rode the 2.5K to the post office so quikly! I made it, got my secret sista present and got home again all before 4:30. ^_^ I'm so proud of myself.

Geonz
07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
It's great to do those quick errands with two wheels!!

Cruisin' today - commute and sweep on the club ride was fine, 'cause it was warm and yesterday I did 44 faster miles. Lunch hour errands and a trip to the post office meant 38 miles in all.

Tomorrow will be short 'cause there's a Mary POppins sing-along. Chim Chim Cherrooo!!!!