PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: Fizik Arione Titanium road saddle

Cari
07-24-2006, 10:00 PM
I'd like to sell a brand new black Fizik Arione Wing Flex saddle with Titanium rails and thigh glides. It weighs in at a super light 230 grams.

I bought it on impulse after a bad experience on a cut-out saddle, but I never got around to using it. It's still in its original box with the little Fizik tag hanging from the rail. I never actually put it on the bike, so it's completely intact.

If you're interested, please send me a PM or e-mail and make me an offer. :)

-Cari

Squirrel 2
07-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Are you sure you want to sell it? It's a very good saddle & might be a fine back-up to have on hand in case at some point you want to try something different. I don't know what you ride currently, but if it is narrow then you are in the same ballpark with the Arione as it is narrow & flat.

Also, if it has never been used, have you tried to return it to the retailer? I know most have a 30-day return policy, but most will be flexible on this if the item is still brand-new & re-saleable. Might be worth a phone call.

I wish I had seen your post earlier -- I just bought a funky acid yellow Arione as a back-up for my trainer bike because it was a very good price & for a bike I keep in the basement, color was a secondary issue. Given the choice, I would have preferred your black one.

Cari
07-28-2006, 09:29 AM
Yup... I hate having stuff lying around that I'm not using. I've heard great things about the Arione, which is why I bought it in the first place. But a week or so after buying mine, a friend told me he had an extra one and suggested that I try his, so that if I didn't like it, I could keep mine brand new (and returnable). I liked the Arione but still preferred my Fizik Vitesse, which is what I was using at the time. I returned his saddle, and my Arione has been sitting in its box ever since. :(

Right now I'm using a WTB Rocket V Pro Gel and I love it! And the Vitesse is currently my back-up. But I like the WTB so much that I'd like to buy an extra one just like it, which another reason why I'd like to sell the Arione. You know how it is... you fall in love with a saddle and then the manufacturer changes the design or eliminates it all together!

My LBS (as with most bike shops here) will give a store credit, but not a refund, if you return an item. It's been >30 days (more like 60, I think!) and I can't seem to find the receipt anyway, so returning it is not an option. :(

I've had a couple of inquiries about the saddle but no offers. I get the feeling that people assume that it's not really new, which is unfortunate. I guess I'll give it a week or so and e-mail people pics when they ask for them, but if it doesn't sell, I may end up giving it to someone local or putting it on eBay.

Thanks for the advice, though! :) If you decide to get a back-up for your regular bike, let me know.

~Cari

Bikingmomof3
07-28-2006, 10:35 AM
The reviews on the saddle are wonderful. it is just out of my price league. I hope you are able to sell it soon. :)

Cari
07-31-2006, 10:18 AM
The Fizik Arione has been sold to the superfit cycling mother of 3 lovely children, who is now riding (and shopping) in the big leagues. :D

Bikingmomof3
08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you Cari for the fast shipment of the saddle and the gloves. :-) Both are exactly as you described. DH loves the new saddle. *sigh* I look forward to buying from you again soon. Thanks again! :D

Edited because I am rude and forgot to thank you for the added goodies in my package. :-) I am now hooked on a new LUNA bar and love the Sport Beans. Thank You! :D