PDA

View Full Version : Did my 2nd Sprint Distance Tri

gringa loca
07-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Ok, the truth of the matter is that I suck timewise! But I soooo enjoyed it! Except for at the end, with about 1/4 mile to go, this woman who had already finished was cheering people on, and she looked at me and said "Hey! What's with the walking???" To which I replied, "Well, that would be the knees. I'm a walker, not a runner" Geez, couldn't she just have been positive?

The hysterical part was that my 2 girl friends who did it too, ended up being guided in on the swim by kayakers, because they kept swimming in circles...(they were back stroking). They both laughed that they swam LOTS more than 500 meters! they felt that they should hav erec'd a special award for the longest distance swum (swam?)

But the main part was that we finished and that we had fun!!!

However, I think I'm going to like training for the LA MS 150 ALOT more!:D

KSH
07-24-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey, you had fun! That rocks! Congrats on your race!

As for the lady yelling for you to run... she meant well. I am sure she saw people before you who started running when she encouraged them. It was from a good place.

Oh, and that's too funny about your friend swimming in circles! That's pretty amazing that she got in and did an open water swim all backstroke too! Tell her congrats on her race! I hope she had fun too!

Lise
07-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Congrats! Gringa loca rocks! Love the "Guided by kayaks" story. Believe me, sister, I also suck timewise, but who cares?!? Pix, hmmmm??? :D

gringa loca
07-25-2006, 05:23 AM
Thanks KSH! It was actually IronGirl in Dallas that we did.

Lise, we'll see on the pics! But considering that I forgot to put my race belt on...I'm thinking that they will be nonexistent....which is a good thing! There is one pic AFTER with the 3 of us...hair combed, hat on, that hopefully is good.

KSH
07-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks KSH! It was actually IronGirl in Dallas that we did.

Lise, we'll see on the pics! But considering that I forgot to put my race belt on...I'm thinking that they will be nonexistent....which is a good thing! There is one pic AFTER with the 3 of us...hair combed, hat on, that hopefully is good.

Awesome!

I was going to do that one... but since I can't run... I decided to skip it. I should have done it though... sounds like it was fun.

Tri Girl
07-25-2006, 09:42 AM
Great job!!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Some girls in our tri club went down for that race and couldn't say enough about what a great race it was. Congrats!!!!