PDA

View Full Version : shorts help

tinkerbell
12-08-2003, 12:19 PM
OK, this might be a totally silly question, but...I know for biking the rule is no underware with the shorts, but now during the winter I've taken up running and all the shorts have a liner in them-- does that mean no underware with them? Thanks (good thing we have email these days and you can't see me blushing right now ;))

pedalfaster
12-08-2003, 05:21 PM
yep...unless you really really want to wear some of those new-fangled non-cotton wicking underwear...but that seems kinda redundant. as a runner/cyclist/swimmer i hardly wear underwear at all anymore!

RdDezert
12-09-2003, 02:59 AM
2nd that - skip the undies and buy the running shorts w/liner, they are great to pull on after riding too! I'll occassionally wear undies under my liner in running shorts when I'm having concerns during that time of the month, little more protection. Now running in tights/knickers (or capris!) I wear cotton undies underneath. You want something that doesn't ride up (no pun intended :).

TwoTiredGal
12-10-2003, 10:23 AM
I agree that if it's already got the liner, there's no need for undies. I'm with RdDezert though about "that time of the month" although then I wear a thong. Can't stand full undies anymore. :rolleyes: