PDA

View Full Version : Raising your Goal

pooks
07-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I was so worried about not making my minimum goal for the LIVESTRONG - I just put the minimum as my goal and left it at that. Now I'm thinking I need to raise it, because I'm getting close to hitting it after about three or so days. I mean, October is a long way away. I put it up early because I worried about not hitting it, but now I'm wondering if it put it up too early.

What's the ettiquette on this? Do people think it's rude to raise your goal when you start getting close to it? If you gave money to help somebody with their goal, would you be miffed to see them raise it later?

Veronica
07-21-2006, 09:31 AM
When we did the Top Hat MS ride, both the team and I raised our goals.

V.

pooks
07-21-2006, 09:34 AM
Veronica! I've been looking for you! <g>

I resurrected the "bike bag" thread in Open Topic because a couple of us want to know more about your cute bike bag!

Thanks for that feedback. Surely since it's for a charity, people wouldn't be unhappy. But it feels ... I dunno. A little greedy. But I guess I'm supposed to be "greedy" when I'm raising funds for a great cause.

Veronica
07-21-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh... sorry... I didn't look at the bag thread. I will now. :D

V.

pooks
07-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Okay. I've raised it. Now we'll see if donations stop with a screeching halt!

Kitsune06
07-29-2006, 05:31 PM
Pooks! It's almost the big day. I'll give you a full report on PDX-style support and give you a preview! It sounds like there are lots of stops and even a lunch, so we should be fine. =) Just keep putting pavement under 'dem wheels, and you'll be fine!

*hug!*
:D

pooks
07-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Thanks -- can't wait to hear about your ride!