PDA

View Full Version : Bike Friday SatRday, anyone own one?

plantluvver
07-16-2006, 09:13 PM
There is one listed on the Portland Craigslist. I thought I would go look at it. However, I see that the bikes sold through Bike Friday have a warranty, while this one would not. What do I look for? I have never ridden any recumbent, I don't know if I will like losing my high perch on a standard bike.

http://portland.craigslist.org/bik/181258614.html

Any opinion would be appreciated. I saw that Bike Friday has redesigned this bike, does that mean that the new one is better?

Mary

farrellcollie
07-17-2006, 04:46 AM
You might want to check on the bikeforums.net site under the folders topic - there is a guy there who has given a lengthy description of his bike friday under this post -.Sat-R Day Experience and Rant

DeniseGoldberg
07-17-2006, 04:49 AM
I saw that Bike Friday has redesigned this bike, does that mean that the new one is better?

I suspect that Bike Friday would tell you that the new design is better... But why don't you call them and ask what the differences are between the old and new models? Also - you should be aware that Bike Friday resells used bikes, so you may be able to get one from them at a decent price.

As far as buying a bike sight unseen goes, I personally wouldn't do it unless the seller was willing to take it back if I didn't like it...

--- Denise