PDA

View Full Version : Distracted Barbie talking & drinking coffee& anticipating green light-MA

Imperfectstorm
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
I just got a major case of road rash crossing Rt9 & Oak St. Natick, MA

I had the green light and was crossing a major intersection. A distracted young lady was talking, drinking coffee and creeping up on the red light as I was crossing the west bound lane.

I grapped my brakes and dumped my bike vs bouncing off her car. I got a nasty case of road rash and some good bruises.

The driver did stop to ask me if I was all right. I was madder than a hornet, and to her to #@&*ing pay attention.

I road off did not feel anything until a few hrs later.

maillotpois
07-16-2006, 02:26 PM
That's terrible!!! I hope you recover okay.

SouthernBelle
07-17-2006, 06:21 AM
Hope you feel better and glad nothing is broken. I've seemed to notice that my problem drivers are old people and young women.

mimitabby
07-17-2006, 07:03 AM
I just got a major case of road rash crossing Rt9 & Oak St. Natick, MA

I had the green light and was crossing a major intersection. A distracted young lady was talking, drinking coffee and creeping up on the red light as I was crossing the west bound lane.

I grapped my brakes and dumped my bike vs bouncing off her car. I got a nasty case of road rash and some good bruises.

The driver did stop to ask me if I was all right. I was madder than a hornet, and to her to #@&*ing pay attention.

I road off did not feel anything until a few hrs later.

Imperfect, you sound like a great rider! i hope you heal quickly!

Imperfectstorm
07-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Greetings,

I'm either in denial or psycho, I played ice hockey last nite, today I starting feeling a few tinges from my close encounter. Oh well, I am healing up quickly.