PDA

View Full Version : Need riding partner in Pdx/Hillsboro area

mbm
07-15-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm sort of new to the area and am looking for a late afternoon/evening riding partner(s). I'm rehabing a knee from surgery, so I have to take if kind of easy. I work in downtown Pdx (get off work at 3:30) and live in Hillsboro. Please contact me if you are interested in meeting up for a ride.

Beth
mcnairmb@yahoo.com

Kitsune06
07-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Hmm... the hours are a little tricky. I work evenings... but if you have mornings free (might be better on the weekends in this heat) I'm always up for a ride, but I have to be home/showered/work-ready by 2:30pm. I'm a mtb'er, though, so I might be painfully slow for you if you're a roadie, but I love company.:D

Susan Otcenas
08-07-2006, 06:40 PM
mbm,

There are several westsiders on the forums. Send a PM to bluedress or dianyla. The 3 of us went on a ride together out on this side of town a few months ago.

I ride out here on the west side often, but can't ride (other than commuting) during the week. There just aren't enough hours in the day. :(

Also, Portland Velo does a weekly wednesday night ride that leaves out of Bethany Village Shopping Center. The ride leader of the B group (Lynne) is a friend of mine and occasionally lurks on these forums. It's a no drop/regroup ride that rambles around the West Hills. Regardless of who else is riding, she won't leave you behind.

There's lots of great riding out here, if you know where to go. :)

Hope this helps,

Susan

suzieqtwa
08-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Hi,
I live in Beaverton ,and am free all evenings. I am VERY new to biking 3 weeeks) ,ex runner injured during Marathon training this year. The Nike Area is a nice place to ride ,and mostly flat.
Suzie

Kitsune06
08-15-2006, 06:14 PM
...anyone available mornings? Pref. weekday mornings, but weekends are fine, too... =)

bikerchic
08-19-2006, 09:45 PM
I've been out riding Tues and Thrus mornings but can make it Mondays also if anyone is interested and I could do a late afternoon Wed. ride a couple of times a month. I'm right near the end of the Max Line.

Kitsune06
08-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Bikerchic,
If you don't mind Tuesday mornings, maybe we could head out sometime... I'm not always very speed-oriented (mtb with slicks is my setup) but I love a good ride... =)