PDA

View Full Version : moo-athlon

limewave
07-12-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't know what my deal is this last week, but I have been eating ice cream like . . . it's my favorite thing in the whole world. And not just ice cream--buttery popcorn, chocolate, cereal . . . Basically, if I haven't been eating something I've been asleep.

I blame this on my husband who, whenever I mention that I feel like ice cream, is more than willing to run to the store to get me some. :)

Anyway, this cycle needs to stop. The first step is admitting there's a problem. So, that's what I'm doing. The moo-athlon ends here and now.

Denise223
07-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Hi!

Just a recommendation.....

Instead of ice cream, try Stoneyfield Farm Frozen Yogurt -- You can purchase this at whole foods OR in the "healthy section" at your regular supermarket.

http://www.stonyfield.com/

The creme caramel... It's absolutely the best!! :)

Fat content & calories soooooo much lower than REAL ice cream...

(beware though -- this too can become a wicked habit!! :D )

Have a great day!

Denise

Nanci
07-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Just a recommendation:

Have you tried Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Shortcake, or Neopolitan Dynamite??

(I had a pretty bad mooathlon last week...)

Nanci

Craicgirl
07-12-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm right there with ya...I know the horrible feeling of eating bad. I am just coming off of a frightening food fest myself.

I have vowed to put an end to mine as well. I have signed up to do the Body For Life challenge (anyone have any experience with this program?). I also went today and joined a new gym and have an appointment with a personal trainer on Friday to see if I like him and want to sign on with him (I want to learn the correct way to start doing weight training and get a good strength training and nutrition program going). I have also made a promise to myself not to eat anything that isnt "clean" and to not have any pig moments for the next 12 weeks. And of course I am also vowing to cycle every day for at least 15 miles in preparation to ride in the Seagull Century in October.

I have good intentions....but we all know what road is paved with these.

Good luck in your endeavor to turn away from the fun food, I wish us both luck.

PS..I can understand the ice cream thing, ice cream is my number 1 comfort food.

P.S. Denise...the Stonyfield Farms French Vanilla Fat Free Yogurt is the best I have ever eaten. AND it has no Aspartame..ever! I was so bummed that all the FF yogurt had Aspartame (which gives me Migraines) until I found this. What a great product, I'm sure their frozen yogurt is just as good..wish I could find it here.

Kerry

Blueberry
07-12-2006, 01:22 PM
The creme caramel... It's absolutely the best!! :)

This stuff is dangerous:D :D :D

It should have to carry a label saying it's addictive. Geez.....I could eat a carton at a time (guess that prolly defeats the low fat/calories, though). The cookies and dream is pretty good too, as is the after dark chocolate, and the mint chocolate chip :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Only problem: it's an expensive habit (but it does contain calcium and active yogurt cultures:):))

chickwhorips
07-12-2006, 01:42 PM
you can always move here with me where the store doesn't have much or has weird hours so your hubby can't just run to the store and get you more ice cream.....

but boy does that ice cream sound good. wanted chocolate at lunch time, but didn't have any at the house, and didn't want to go to the store to see if they had any.

i guess in a way its a good diet plan.

Denise223
07-12-2006, 02:01 PM
Something about that Creme Caramel -- it really is addictive, and can be a pretty expensive habit, unless of course there's a sale (which doesn't mean that I need to "stock up" :p ).

I've never heard about the Body for Life challenge -- I'll google it & check it out --

Good luck to all of us looking to "clean up" our food plans -- (I don't like the word DIEt)....

Denise

margo49
07-12-2006, 06:52 PM
When (and where) I was growing up ice cream was regarded as a source-of-protein food !
It was also the recommended medication for a sick cat if (when) you had no money for a vet.

Before you start getting ideas immigration regulations are quite tight to there !

solveig
07-12-2006, 07:51 PM
So I've done my laps with eating issues - both over and undereating - and the biggest thing I've learned is that you've got to take it a day at a time. Or a meal at a time. I've made myself promises about the "next 12 weeks" or vowed that "I'm NEVER having brownies again!" but we all know that's bullpoopie!

We'll all have brownies, and ice cream, and Three Musketeers bars from time to time, and from time to time we'll all have too much. But our bodies want to be on track; they want to be healthy, and they'll help us get there by feeling like crap until we feed them the right stuff.

So we should enjoy our treats - but not in such gobs that they become anti-treats because you have to fight off the guilties and the "I'm-never-going-to-eat-agains" afterwards. Oreo Ice Cream Cake is way too good to have to come with such baggage... Here's to hot fudge!
;)

SadieKate
07-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Stop it, stop it, stop it. They have Dreyers and Nutty Buddies downstairs in the hotel lobby shop.

DrBee
07-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I've been there with the bad eating binges. My problem is that I love to bake! We eat healthy food, but I'm a chronic baker! If it's not chocolate chip cookies, then I'm making brownies, chocolate pie. Last night I made some super rich chocolate ice cream. Aargh!

MomOnBike
07-14-2006, 09:28 AM
It doesn't help (much), but my personal rule is that if I want a sinful snack, then I can just get my broad backside on my bike and pedal until I get it.

DH & I go on a lot of ice cream runs in the summer. :rolleyes:

DirtDiva
07-15-2006, 03:13 AM
No need for the aarghing fish. You just need to invite us all over to lessen your caloric load. :D