PDA

View Full Version : When considering getting a new bike....

sunrunner
07-10-2006, 08:24 PM
HOw do you decide what to get? i mean, are there websites out there that you can go to and look stuff up? Do you go and talk to you friends who ride? Or do you go and talk to the local bike shops? I'm in the market for a new road bike, and being a beginner getting back into biking, but more seriously, i'm interested in knowing where you start. I'm not asking what bike to buy, but rather where do i find info out about which one to buy :)
Thank you for your help...I hope this is the right place to post this. I apologize if it is not.
Hugs

caligurl
07-11-2006, 03:24 AM
i searched the internet (looking at forums, like this and bikeforums.net) and looked at manufacturer sites (specialized, trek, giant, etc)

so by coming here... you've got a good start... look around.... ask questions! and welcome!!!!

melissam
07-11-2006, 10:54 AM
Sunrunner,

I love bike shopping, even if I'm not in the market for one! So many things to consider -- what kind of bike (mountain, road, hybrid), what kind of frame, what components.

There's a Bicycle Buying Guide on ebay. It might be a good place to start your info search.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Buying-a-Bicycle-General-Guide_W0QQugidZ10000000000715139?ssPageName=BUYGD:CAT:-1:SEARCH:3

Obviously, this is a general guide, but maybe a good start.

Please ask as many questions as you want here or at your Local Bike Shop (LBS) or of your bike riding friends.

Have fun!

-- Melissa