PDA

View Full Version : Saddles for wind training

susanm8048
07-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Can I ask you ladies what saddles you use on your windtrainers?

I find that I am quite uncomfortable no matter what saddle I put on. Is that normal? Or is it just perception because I am bored out of my brain?

I am currently using a Selle Italia LDY and have tried SSM Atola ( non gel version). Both of which are OK when riding outdoors on my road bike. I should add that I use my old touring bike on the trainer which if anything has a more relaxed set up.

Should I be using a big soft saddle, or should my regular saddles be as comfortable as when I am out on the road?

Thanks,
Sue

velogirl
07-10-2006, 08:28 PM
I use the same saddle I ride outside on the road. However, I recently tried a saddle without a cut-out and it just made me numb (on the trainer).

Riding the trainer is tough on your "seat." You don't move the way you do outside (standing, leaning, cornering, etc). I teach indoor training classes and combined with race warm-ups can be on the trainer 6-8 hours a week. It gets better the more you do it.

I also find having a bit more padding in my chamois works best on the trainer. I have some shorts with a very thin chamois that I love outside but just can't stand inside.