View Full Version : where to get certification?

07-10-2006, 03:11 PM
I have been a cyclist for a number of years and have recently been asked to teach a local spinning class. I would like to get certified and am having trouble finding out how to do so. I live in the UK, so ideally I would like to get certified here. Alternately, I am planning on traveling to Denver, CO in early October and could do a certification there if anything is offered. Any suggestions, websites, resources, would be appreciated. Thanks very much!

07-11-2006, 10:26 AM
You can go to www.Spinning.com - they have educational opportunities in the States, Don't know about the UK. But you can go to their website and call the toll free number and maybe they can help you with that as well.

07-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I just went through orientation with the Spinning program, still working on my actual certification. Go check out the Pedal-On forums (http://pedal-on.com), they're great!

07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I've been a SPIN instructor for almost 10 years....believe me, you'll never regret getting your initial training. I still love it. You can contact Sara Coleman ( I believe she is still in charge of the UK team) at scoleman@startrac.co.uk to find out where and how to do it. Good luck!

07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Find out which certification your gym requires (there are lots of different ones and different gyms require different certs). The fitness director (or indoor cycling director) should also be able to point you in the right direction to get your certification.