PDA

View Full Version : Western NY/Northeast PA

horsemom
07-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Anyone out there? I am a newbie with mtbike aspirations and would love to meet someone to train with occasionally.

Laura

JesTutripup
07-17-2006, 08:47 AM
try bikejournal.com a large scope of riders, as well. Good luck.

morsecode
07-25-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm in Buffalo
but I am a newbie with a major inadequacy complex so I'm not sure that I'd be much use :rolleyes:

horsemom
07-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey, I resemble that!! I joined the WNYMBA, and am going to their mt bike fest on Aug 11-13 in Ellicottville. I rode the trails in E'ville this week and they are TOUGH!! I was by myself, so no one had to see me wipe out and wimp out!! :eek:

I am trying Allegany State Park this weekend - supposed to be good for beginners!

Let me know if you want to ride---maybe we can build skills together. I promise not to laugh if you promise not to laugh!!!

Laura:)

morsecode
07-30-2006, 07:12 AM
Laugh? I'd be too worried about doing something idiotic myself LOL

I'm going to a conference all this week, but I'll figure out how to private message you when I get back (I'm assuming this site has a PM feature)

I'll also be going clipless when I get back... not that I think I deserve clipless pedals, but I have a horrible time with my clips. I have a hard time getting the feet in and a hard time getting them out. Classic moment for me... we're at Delaware Park in Buffalo. It's dinnertime, kinda busy, lots of soccer moms and dads bringing their kids to soccer practice... hubby and I are stopping to confer... I can't get my stupid foot out of my toe clip and I topple over right there in front of all those people. I felt like such an idiot (and I messed up my wrist trying to break my fall)

Anyway... I'm going on...
hope you're having a nice weekend,
Karen