PDA

View Full Version : Hagg Lake

loli
07-10-2006, 11:25 AM
Hello- the weekend of July 22nd my boyfriend and I are planning on riding around Hagg Lake. We were planning on starting at the McMenamins Grande Lodge, riding half the perimeter, having a picnic lunch and taking a swim, then finishing the ride. I believe its close to 30 miles. Anybody done this ride before and have any advice to pass on? Anybody familiar with the area?

Nokomis
07-11-2006, 07:08 AM
It's a great ride. I'm not sure what route you'll be taking... be careful if you plan on riding on 47, it can be a very busy highway. It has a Wide shoulder, but lots of gravel. Fern Hill Rd is a quieter option.

There will be a lot of places to stop half way thru the loop, with public wash rooms, tables, all that.

The biggest climb will be just past the park entrance. If you love hills, take it counter clockwise and get the big climb over straight away. If you get into the park, look up and react like this :eek: then go half way up, take your first left and complete the loop clockwise.

It can be pretty hot out there - bring plenty drink, or stop at the county store on your way in/out to get some extra fuel in you.

Enjoy!

loli
07-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Great advice! Thanks! I'll try to post some pictures after we go. I think its gonna be a great ride.

Nokomis
07-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Did you ride in that heat? I hope you find time to go when it isn't 105 out there :eek:

Kitsune06
07-24-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd love to ride Hagg Lake loop with you sometime... but due to my work schedule, it'd have to be in the morning...