PDA

View Full Version : Sidi shoes for size 7

emily_in_nc
11-02-2003, 03:02 PM
Hi ~

Does anyone here wear womens Sidi shoes who wears a women's size 7 US? If so, what size are your Sidi shoes?

I can't find any information on the Sidi site about what the equivalent Euro size would be. My Lake shoes are 39s and fit perfectly, but I know that every manufacturer differs, sometimes quite a bit.

Thanks in advance!

Emily

klr
11-02-2003, 06:15 PM
Hi Emily,

I have women's SIDI shoes, very old pair but I bought them new. I was looking for a pair for my spinning class and told the shoe guy I wanted "you ugliest, cheapest pair." Well, I got em alright. I wear a 7.5 in a regular shoe and these are a euro 40.

They fit ok, but my left foot - toes fall asleep all the time. Both in spinning class and on the road. I really want a pair I saw that were "Specialized" they looked wide (which I have wide feet) and very comfortable - but very expensive.

Perhaps someday when I can't stand looking at the ones I have!

klr

emily_in_nc
11-03-2003, 03:35 AM
Thanks klr,

This confirms that the 39s are probably right for me, as I thought. I found one conversion chart online that said that a women's 39 was equivalent to a US 9, and that just didn't seem right to me as my current bike shoes are a 39, and I wear a 7 (sometimes a 6.5, never a 7.5) in other shoes.

It sounds like your problem might be caused by the shoes being too narrow - or cleat placement. I have pretty narrow feet, which is good when buying bike shoes - very few if any of them come in wider widths.

Your reply really helped - thanks!

Emily

Steph_in_TX
11-03-2003, 01:11 PM
It may depend on your foot. I also wear a 7.5, but I got a 40.5 in the Sidi. The toe was too narrow on the 40 and I have rather skinny feet. Just know you can get a .5 size bigger if the toes feel too cramped.

pedalfaster
11-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Just to confuse matters further...

I wear a US 7.5 street shoe, US 8 running shoe...and have Women's Sidi Dominator's (mtb version of the Genius I believe) in a 39. They fit like a glove. :)

I have tiny narrow ankles and heels and fat piggies (toes) from years of running/childbirth.

This might be one of those situations where you really need to hit the LBS and try-before-you-buy.

aquawife
11-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Women's Sidi shoes run on the small side. So go to your LBS and try a pair on before you order them online. Because they are made from a women's last and are Italian made, they fit snugger than the men's or unisex bike shoes. I wear a 39 Specialized but a 39 women's Sidi was too small. You'll probably have to go a half or full size (Euro size) larger than other shoes to get the correct fit.
I haven't gotten a pair of Sidi's yet (on my wish list) but my husband says they're the best shoes he's ever had. That sentiment has been echoed by other Sidi wearin' friends.
Good luck!

emily_in_nc
11-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Just to follow up - I did buy the Sidi size 39s from someone on this list, and they fit PERFECTLY! They are a bit smaller than my Lake's (also size 39), but are just right, and I've had no numbness at all from them on rides of up to 50 miles. I almost always got some foot numbness on the right foot with my Lakes, perhaps because they laced up. I can see where the 39s would be too small for anyone with a size just a smidge over 7, or with wider feet (mine are on the narrow side) as they couldn't be a bit smaller and still fit me.

Thanks for all the input! :)

Emily