PDA

View Full Version : Another Day - More Rain

Veronica
07-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Today was a tough day for me. I was sick, yes the disgusting way :p, throughout the night. I keep wondering what else is going to go wrong. Did I mention I had a flat on Tuesday?

I did stop barfing before breakfast, but I just did not want to eat. I knew we had a long day, so I choked down as much as I could. But I just had no energy. What should have been a 7 hour ride turned into a ten hour slog with about 4 hours of it in the rain. Of course we did make some stops - the bike store in Wolfville, very helpful and they oogled my bike, always nice. A coffee shop at Dorothy's suggestion (BikerZ's cousin) where I had to force myself to finish hot chocolate and a peanut butter cookie. Two of my favorite things! And a stop for lunch in Windsor, where I ate my bread.

We're off the bike tomorrow. Dorothy is going to take us kayaking and down along Peggy's Cove.

Today's lesson - roads with names like Crestview and Castle Hill, mean you will be going UP! Gorgeous houses though.

V.

Grog
07-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Dorothy is going to take us kayaking and down along Peggy's Cove.

Very pretty area. Lucky you :)

I hope you feel better and enjoy the rest of the trip!

cindysue
07-06-2006, 03:59 PM
hello,

long day indeed and lots of rain. Glad to be off the bike, showered, and able to relax. Looking forward to a day off the bike!

V and I met Ann's cousin Dorothy last night. She was wonderful and beautiful too! And what a lovely home Dorothy has! Her and her friend Frank cooked us a fabulous dinner of haddock, scallops, fresh peas and carrots, beets, and baby potatoes. All topped off with a glass of wine and strawberry shortcake. Yum! Been eating lots of junk - french fries at lunch and waffles with syrup for breakfast. So it was great to have some real food to fill in between the few chances we get for a nice healthy meal out.

It was also nice to chat with them, both cyclists. They let us know to expect hills today when we were expecting a nice flat ride. Throw in some rain and V's upset stomach and headache - and you can imagine the day V had....

one more night at the hotel, then 4 nights of camping. I'm enjoying the trip but I'd sure like to be dry for the next few days as we make our way down the south coast - sure to be beautiful if it's clear enough to see the Atlantic!

Think SUNSHINE!

SadieKate
07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Guess we all need to start our dances to the sun gods!

Bike Goddess
07-07-2006, 09:52 AM
V and CS- I'm so impressed with your fortitude! What a trip!

Glad to hear that you did go to the doctor. Possibly allergies especially since your eye seems to get better when you are on the bike.

Wonder what had you be so sick. Maybe something you ate? With these long rides you are doing, I think your system might be more sensitive.

Healing thoughts and weather god dancing out here.....

bikerz
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM
We're off the bike tomorrow. Dorothy is going to take us kayaking and down along Peggy's Cove.V.

Peggy's Cove is beautiful! I can't wait to see your photos!

I'm so sorry the weather has been unpleasant, and that you've been suffering so much - ugh! Let's all hope it's sunny skies and tailwinds for the rest of the trip!

This Halifax webcam (http://webcam.chebucto.net/) shows a clear and sunny view right now!