PDA

View Full Version : Nice People in Framingham MA

Imperfectstorm
07-04-2006, 06:59 AM
Sat July 1 I had two consecutive flat tires @ Water & Brooks St.

My spare had a hole in it, I ran out of CO2 cartridges and the glue in my patch kit was dried. My bike and tools were sprawled out on the traffic island. I was SOL and 6 miles from home.

A nice Brazilian cyclist stopped to assist, his cartridge was empty, non of my friends were home, I didn't have an adapter for my tire.

Then a cyclist from the minute man road club offered to assist, he came back with a tube and a floor pump to get me on my way. Then a Framingham police offer stopped by and another couple in a convertible offered to assist.

I was very thankful, and felt very stupid for being ill prepared. My 45 minute ride turned into 2 hours.

I purchased 2 new tubes, a patchkit, a pump and extra CO cartridges.

I want to send my thanks to the MRC.

Triskeliongirl
07-05-2006, 04:50 AM
I am so used to riding with my husband, so if my tube or C02 fails he can go get the car and fetch me, or vice versa. I am now in cape cod on my own for 3 weeks. I've been going out with 4 tubes (I ride a terry so I need 2 diff. tire sizes, 2 tubes per size), a patch kit, and a topeak road morph pump (heavy but gets me over 100 psi) instead of my usual 2 tubes and C02. I was feeling ridiculous until I read your message, but the last thing I need is to be 30 miles from my cottage with no one to come get me! Its great you found folks to help, but self-sufficiency is always best.

Imperfectstorm
07-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Trisk,

I was preparred to hoof it or call a cab if it rained lol to get me home.

I did not expect people to be so nice, it was refreshing,however I am not naive as to get in a car with a stranger.