PDA

View Full Version : New Bike! New Bike!!!

btchance
07-04-2006, 06:57 AM
:D So, I picked up my new bike yesterday, a Fuji Finest 1.0, and took her for a test ride yesterday. Yesterday I had some problems with numb hands, and today when I took her out, I changed how I was sitting and had no problems with numb hands (think I will have to change the saddle, though!!) Now I have her to ride at the tri this weekend!!

I had one humerous moment when I went to leave this morning, though. I went to get on her from the right side (I always get on on the other side), went to push off, my left foot clicked in before I was ready, lost my balance, and almost ended up on my side. I ended up saving it by throwing my weight to the right, which was still unclipped, however my right leg somehow went almost under the bike, and I ended up with a big chain ring tattoo on my right calve. Never happened on my MTB with clipless pedals, had to happed on my road bike! At least I kept her from getting scratched, though!!

Anyways, do any of you gals have any ideas for a name for her? I currently have no idea, and it took me a long time to decided to name my MTB Ellie (long story there). Here's a link to her on their website, sorry I don't know how to post the image here, nor do I have any pictures of her yet.

http://fujibikes.com/2006/bikes.asp?id=134#

I'm open to ideas on names!

Also, as an aside, I found a group of girls that do tris to ride with! I actually know one of the girls from school, just had no idea she did tris. We both showed up at the gym yesterday to swim during one of the technique classes they offer there, got to talking as neither one of us realized the other swam, then realized we're both doing the same race this weekend assuming we don't have call! Yeah!! It's going to be great to have some one to train with.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just in a good mood today!

Lise
07-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Wow! Gorgeous bike! How fun that you get to race her soon, and with a new tri-pal. Looking forward to the report!

ladyfish
07-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Name her Mae. Get it? Think Beverly Hillbillies. Ellie Mae! Your two bikes make one hillbilly name!!

OK, I'm being silly!:D

KSH
07-04-2006, 02:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Sounds like you have a beautiful new bike! How cool!

And, how awesome is that... that you found a training buddy. It's hard to find people to train with sometimes!

Thanks for sharing the exciting news!

makbike
07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Congratulations, she is beautiful. May you have many happy and safe miles together.

Tri Girl
07-05-2006, 06:33 AM
Congrats on your new bike, and your new training buddies. Both are a great find! Your bike is pretty. :D
As for names, that can be pretty hard. It took me a long time to name Oscar (mostly because my bike- and me- get grouchy when riding hills), but eventually it just came. Perhaps after some time in the saddle her name will just hit you.
Best of luck with you new ride!

Running Mommy
07-05-2006, 11:27 AM
very pretty bike. Is she that color? I think of the ocean when I see that color...

btchance
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Thanks girls, I was just so excited I had to share the news.

Ladyfish - if you only knew how hillbilly my family is, and how Ellie Mae would fit right in!!!

and yep, she is that color:)

DrBee
07-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Pretty, pretty, pretty! It took me months to name by bike. I hope you have gazillions of happy miles together!

adt216
08-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Gorgeous Bike!!

Selkie
08-04-2006, 12:42 AM
For some reason, she looks like a Maureen to me.

That's a beautiful bike, by the way. ENJOY. That shade of blue is perfect.

btchance
08-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks girls, I'm still working on the name and have gone through a couple of different ones including Judith, Jan, Nelly, and of course @%!*ing tire!! :D