PDA

View Full Version : Bon Ton Roulet -- anybody?

shewhobikes
07-03-2006, 10:35 AM
Three girlfriends and I are headed to this Finger Lakes ride in a few weeks:
www.bontonroulet.com

Anybody done it? Anybody going this time? We are really excited about it...would love reviews/tips from previous riders or to meet up with TE gals. Cheers!

bikerbarb
07-07-2006, 09:23 AM
I am just about to make a decision about signing up. I think today or tomorrow is the deadline. My daughter, who is 17 and I want to do a tour together, and that's the week we have available. This will be our third mother-daughter biking tour. 2 years ago we did the Amazing Adirondack Adventure and last year we did a segment of a cross country tour out in Wyoming and S. Dakota. Maybe we'll see you there!

We are choosing between BTRoulet and another NY State ride called FANY. Know anything about that one? It is a one-way from Niagra Falls to Saratoga Springs and more milage--averaging 70/day. Here's a link:
http://www.fanyride.com/pages/1/index.htm

The hard part is that to do either of them, we'd miss a MS 150 we want to do in PA from Altoona to Penn State and back.

What we would REALLY like is a self-contained tour. Not more than 7-8 hours from Pittsburgh for a start, but carrying our own gear for a week. But maybe that's another post...

bikerbarb
07-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Mydaughter and I have signed up for the FANY ride--across NY! ANybody going?