PDA

View Full Version : Veronica and Cindy sighting in Maine

traveller_62
06-28-2006, 10:50 AM
I just saw Veronica and Cindy who are doing some touring in Acadia, Maine on their way to Nova Scotia. It's a bit foggy here today so the views aren't spectacular-- but at least it isn't pouring rain yet.

I missed a call from Veronica on my answering machine at work so I decided to see if I could track 'em down in person. I started at the Bar Harbor Bike shop and learned that they had stopped there and also found out where they were planning on going to lunch. I went to the restaurant but they had already left. I guessed that they would most likely ride the stretch of road that goes around Acadia National Park and, sure enough, I caught up with them as they were peddling along the ocean front!

We're going to get together for dinner tonight and I'll post some pictures to the site. But I thought I would put up a quick post to let everyone know that Veronica and Cindy are doing great on their East Coast Adventure!

- traveller (Carol)

SadieKate
06-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Cool. Bubba wants to know if Cindy got her shifting issues solved or at least improved. He's been asking.

traveller_62
06-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey, SadieKate...no mention of any problems with the shifters but Cindy did have some problems with getting the fenders on the bike. But that has been resolved. Looked to me like the bikes (and riders) are in good shape! A flock of flamingos appears to be following them on their travels. They apparently come in handy for keeping panthers away from the tent.

This has been the rainiest June in Maine since 1871 and it is raining again tonight. But at least it held off until after Veronica and Cindy finished their ride today.

I'm trying to attach some pictures of the intrepid travelers to this post but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing so I hope it works!

Outside of West Street Cafe in Bar Harbor
The early bird is apparently a flamingo!
At the tent site on a soggy Maine night

bikerz
06-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Great photos. Carol - thanks for posting them!

SadieKate
06-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh, that is so funny! I'm off to show Bubba. What a hoot.

snapdragen
06-28-2006, 07:23 PM
Ah yes, tent flamingos. They have saved me from many a panther....

jobob
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Are any of them named Bob?

:D

Veronica
06-28-2006, 08:37 PM
Now that's too funny. I have to lurk as veronica just to find out how her day went, cause she didn't call me. grr.

traveller - didn't get your emails until too late to help you track them down. thanks for the photos.

-thom

traveller_62
06-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Hey Thom,

Don't be too upset about not getting a call from Veronica. We have a saying in Maine....'You can't call there from here' ....or, in the local dialect,...'Yah can't call theah from heah'

Cell phone coverage is spotty to non-existent. It can be amusing to watch visitors wandering around town trying to find a place they can get sufficient signal to make a call. Gives new meaning to the concept of roaming :)

- traveller

Trek420
06-29-2006, 05:13 AM
hey ridebikeme, I think they are in your area, have you seen 'em?

Trekhawk
06-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Wonderful photos they look like they are having a great time.
I think Im a little jealous.:)

ridebikeme
06-30-2006, 12:37 PM
Hello Trek 420

No, I haven't seen them, but live about 3 1/2 hrs from there. I just returned today from a bike tour myself. They're right about the weather though... it has been raining like crazy!! Hope te weather is better for their trip and out your way!!

maillotpois
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow - those are great!! I sure hope they get some dry weather, though... :mad:

bikerz
06-30-2006, 12:47 PM
If all goes according to plan, I think on Wednesday they will be visiting with my mom's cousin (in Kentville) for a BBQ and wine. My cousin is a cyclist also, and they might even get to ride together - so cool! :)

Surlygirl
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow - those are great!! I sure hope they get some dry weather, though... :mad:

And so it shall be. At least it is in Mass so hopefully for the girls up north. It was actually gorgeous today and looks like it might even be nice next week.

cindysue
07-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Cool. Bubba wants to know if Cindy got her shifting issues solved or at least improved. He's been asking.

hey Sarah and Bubba -

Finally saw this post with some help from V.

I took my bike to Left Coast and told them about the problem. They said it was stretched cables. Well the problem was never fixed. It works great in the stand but not on the road - and they apparently never bothered to check the latter. So when we got to Maine, I asked the mechanic at the bike shop down the road from V's sister to take a look. Sure enough it worked in the stand but once he took it out on the road, he made a few adjustments to the derailleur and it's riding much better now.

The bike will need a thorough cleaning when we get home........