PDA

View Full Version : Clif Nectar Bar review

FreshNewbie
06-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Tried one today in cranberry apricot and almond flavor. The size of the bar is twice as small as lara bar but has almost as many calories. I liked the fact that ingredients are all organic unlike in lara bar. Didn't like that it's so pricey

Kimmyt
06-29-2006, 11:05 AM
It is kinda spendy, but I loooooove the way the Cranberry Apricot one tastes. The flavor is so intense that my mouth always waters at the thought of one! I often have a problem when I do physical activity in the hotter weather that I do not feel as 'hungry' even though I need the energy, and things with intense flavors usually will taste good to me even when I'm in this state (tuna fish being another thing that usually can tempt me when I am in this mood).

It's my new favorite bar!

maillotpois
06-29-2006, 02:37 PM
I love these! I love the cinnamon pecan (just got a case of them on the way to my last double) and the dark chocolate walnut ones.

FreshNewbie
06-29-2006, 06:44 PM
I am not sure about tuna after ride :D but cherry pie lara bar is the best so far for me! I like that the flavor of the nectar bar in cranberry is also a little on a sour side and not too sweet.

Kimmyt
06-30-2006, 08:37 AM
Haha, no I was thinking more along the lines of what I will eat during a long day out climbing (which is my other passion). And in the dead of the summer with heat and humidity I will often not feel hungry during lunch, and so I run out of reserves. I've taken to bringing those Tuna lunchable packet things with me in my pack and they are always tasty and appetizing... finish off with a Nectar bar and mmmmmm thats a tasty mid-day meal!

FreshNewbie
06-30-2006, 09:46 AM
tuna melt after a ride with fresh salad w/ginger dressing yum.

Bikingmomof3
07-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I absolutely love all the nectar flavours. I finds buying them online is less expensive than my local grocery.