PDA

View Full Version : *Finally!*

CycleChic06
06-27-2006, 07:17 AM
It's finally stopped raining in New England. I hope every can get out and enjoy the rain-free day while it lasts. It's hot, but I'll take that over rain any day!

Happy riding.

Surlygirl
06-27-2006, 01:41 PM
Yes the rain has finally stopped :D but the wind is honkin where I am. :(

im4smiley
06-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I went out today with the group and did 27 miles and the wind on the way out was wicked, kept pushing me back trying to slow me down and then all of a sudden it would push me sideways!! But it was soo nice to get out for a ride, and it was so nice to have the wind at my back on the way back home
:)

Denise223
06-27-2006, 10:27 PM
Today and this evening were absolutely BEAUTIFUL.........
After ALL OF THE RAIN, THUNDERSTORMS, LIGHTNING, ETC....., that we've been having,....today/tonight was spectacular!! :) :) :) :) !! (Given that it is 2:26am Wednesday morning, I should be saying, "yesterday and last evening....")

We've got to get out there and enjoy our non-rainy days...because, it seems that they are coming far & few between!!!

According to www.weather.com, it looks as if Massachusetts is taking a turn for the better..... :D , so.... WE ARE PSYCHED!!!!!

When I saw the "extended forecast" last Saturday (the 24th), the weather channel was forecasting RAIN right up unti July 4th..............

I'm ecstatic that things have changed.... :D

Denise

CycleChic06
06-28-2006, 05:05 AM
yes, the wind was pretty bad. I couldn't get out Wed. but I managed a ride Tuesday evening which was pretty humid, but not too windy.

Being still a bit new to cycling, I never realized how much a factor winds can play, even light breezes have a big effect.

massbikebabe
06-28-2006, 06:56 AM
And then today Wednesday....

It's raining it's pouring the old man is snoring....

I heard yesterday that we have gotten 22 inches of rain in the past two months:mad:

Just when I was getting going again!!!

karen

hirakukibou
06-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I know Karen. I went out this morning and got caught in a down pour. Sigh. I hear it's going to be another couple days of it too. :(

SadieKate
06-28-2006, 10:21 AM
Just when I was getting going again!!!

karenSo that's why we haven't heard from you in a while. How's it going?

Surlygirl
06-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Rain rain go AWAY, come again some other day or year. I feel like I live in Seattle. How do you guys do it? I'm going out of my mind. We set a new record for rainfall for the months of May and June.