PDA

View Full Version : Great MS Getaway

Patti37
06-25-2006, 02:59 AM
The Great MS Getaway scheduled for June 24th from Quincy to the upper cape was cancelled due to flooding. All that training and now I do not even get to ride. However, I am very proud to have done a 65 mile ride during my training.

I am not sure if Day 2 of the Ride is going forward but I had only signed up for Day 1.

wavedancer
06-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Sorry you weren't able to do the ride. I know it is disappointing after you have trained and gotten psyched to do it. I had a similar thing happen last year for the Last Gasp charity ride here on the Cape.

I think I may have seen some intrepid riders here in Sandwich yesterday riding in the pouring rain...did not look fun! And I was just awakened by The Star Spangled Banner and someone speaking on an outdoor PA, so I wonder if they are attempting the rest of the ride today?

Congratulations on already doing the equivalent ride, and raising money for MS.

Linda

Patti37
06-25-2006, 04:15 PM
The MS Society was leaving it open as to whether or not they would be able to complete Day 2. I had only planned on doing Day 1.

I do hope the second day riders were able to complete the Ride and take the Ferry back from P-Town.