PDA

View Full Version : Gor-tex Pants

chickwhorips
06-21-2006, 09:12 AM
i am on an ever failing mission.

i am looking for a pair of woman's gor-tex running pants that are lower rise. not something that comes above my belly button. i want it to hit just below my belly button or lower than that.

do a pair of these even exist? or am i wanting something that isn't out there. :confused:

i'm finding its hard to even find a pair of women's gor-tex pants online in general. (i have to find them online, where i live there are no stores.)

help please! anyone?

Nanci
06-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Are you going to wear them for running??? What about the REI Ultra Lights? They have Marmot Precips on sale. I looked at those for cycling, but don't remember why I didn't like them. Too swishy and poofy, I think. I ended up with the REI Novara more expensive rain pants. Which they don't have any more. But I almost ordered the Ultra Lights.

Nanci

KnottedYet
06-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Just for fun: www.athleta.com

They don't have any running rain pants right now (maybe in the fall) but all their pants are belly-button or lower. They have a cute categorizing system for how far below the belly-button their waistbands land (1 finger <index> 2 fingers <peace> 3 fingers <scout> etc.)

Have you tried Lucy of Portland? I think it's just called "Lucy" now. www.lucy.com (i think)

SportHill specializes in running gear. www.sporthill.com And there's always Brooks www.brooksrunning.com

chickwhorips
06-21-2006, 03:17 PM
thanks knotted!

i looked at the lucy sight and they have some really cute things. i'll keep my eye out on athleta. i've seen some nice things in there too.

its hard because everywhere else it seems to be warm except here...

i found these north face pants online http://lonelyplanet.altrec.com/shop/detail/18750/ anyone ever try these?

Nanci
06-22-2006, 01:45 AM
http://www.performancebike.com/shop/profile.cfm?SKU=20991&subcategory_ID=1221#

These are bike tights, but are wind/waterproof in the front. I've run in mine.

Probably a normal waist, though.