PDA

View Full Version : "Musical (chairs) Saddles

Quillfred
06-20-2006, 08:34 AM
I had changed my Brooks (Pro Team) saddle over to my Redline CycloX bike. My stem is a Ritchie Pro. The half-moon spacer with the serrated edge (thingie that allows for seat tilt) is much smaller on this bike.

I find that no matter how tight I make the seat bolts, I end up with the seat nose tilting up in a most ackward way. Blazing Saddles. :confused:

Nerdish question. Do I have to buy a new stem or can I just find a universal part to correct this?

Thanks!

KnottedYet
06-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Does it tilt after you sit on it again, or does it tilt as you tighten it?

Mine tilts as I tighten it down on the rails of my Serfas. Starts off perfect, ends up wonky. So I have to guess how far off it will be, and then start tightening it with a compensating tilt. And swear a lot. Bad words help.

Problem with mine is that once it starts tilting, it's already too tight for me to just flatten it out. I have to loosen the bolt again.... which changes everything... bad words.

Recycled Cycles has a ton of used seatposts if you decide you need to replace yours for a better fit. Sammamish Valley Cycles (redmond) has a couple bikes for sale with Brooks saddles. (didn't see any Brooks for sale, though). They might know how to make one fit the seat post better. SVC also has Ibex!

Quillfred
06-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I will go down to Re-Cy and poke around. The (major) chain gang told me I had to buy a new seat post but I hate spend $30+ for a little piece if I can avoid it.

Yes, I thought of you today as I finally tried out my yellow/black ss Ibex jersey today. It worked nicely -- no itch. :) Felt like riding with a regular ss jersey with a wind vest.

So I'm glad you were/are the designated Ibex cheerleader befit with pom-poms, sweater and pleated skort! I would never have believed I would be wearing wool to bike in. I received a nice response from the Co when I wrote requesting "proper" ;) sized knickers.

KnottedYet
06-20-2006, 08:37 PM
What did they say? Will they make the size? Will they give you a free sample to try?

(and will they give me a kick back? saaaaaay, a Breakaway jacket? a few Q-t's? One of everything?:D )