PDA

View Full Version : Short Rides around Mass/Danskin tri/TFCE

plushride
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Hi all,
I have a small group (3-4 people) that rides on the w/e in and around the 495 belt. Last saturday we did a 20 mile ride starting and ending at Walden Pond. Two of us are training for the Danskin Triathlon and I am training for TFCE ( I had posted to that thread as well, looking for a group to ride it with.) We are relatively slow (12-15mph) and would love to have more people join the group. I am also up for mtn biking too..just have to dust off my mtn bike! Email me at spirit7125@hotmail.com if interested in joining the group.

DebW
06-19-2006, 08:51 AM
I stopped in at the Walden Pond parking lot last Saturday about 4:45 during my 40 mile ride. I went into the bathroom to refill my water and sat on the bench eating a snack. I saw a group of 3 women putting bikes on a van. Was that you?

plushride
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi There,

We had 3 different vehicles and were in the lot closest to the exit..so, probably not. There were a ton of people on bikes that day. I'm currently doing shorter rides prepping for the Danskin, but in July/August I'd like to increase distances & speed to get ready for TFCE. I'd really like to find people to do the century with. I did the last 30mi by myself last year and it would've been nice to have someone to chat with.

CycleChic06
06-22-2006, 09:42 AM
Plushride,
I have a friend training for the Danskin tri, I was thinking of doing it, but I'm so not a runner.

But I may be interested in joining you on a ride. When do you plan to ride next? I'll ask my friend if she wants to come along too.

Emily