PDA

View Full Version : Velo Plush?

pooks
06-16-2006, 09:36 AM
I've put 17.7 whole fat miles on my Runabout since I first got on it Sunday!

Woo-woo!

Okay, so I'm new, fat and out of shape.

It came with a Velo Plush saddle, as did my husband's. I have no idea if this is a good saddle, a poor saddle, etc. It will be a few weeks before I'll know for sure if it's going to work for me. It's not awful -- I tried awful once and knew immediately! It may actually be okay. But I won't know until I'm spending more time on it (more than two - three mile rides) and I've had my surgical procedure done next week which will hopefully eliminate the need for the bulky pads I'm wearing right now, grrrr. (For the third straight week, grrr.)

But for now -- what's the rep of the Plush? And what should I look for in knowing it's a good fit for me, or it's a bad one. (I don't think I've spent more than 20 minutes on it so far....)

I'm also wondering how long the surgery will keep me off my bike, but that's a question to ask the doc.

salsabike
06-16-2006, 04:20 PM
My husband and I both use Velo Plush saddles. They've taken us on many 60-mile rides, and also the 206 miles from Seattle to Portland. R&E Cycles puts them on their Stellar bikes, which are great bikes. I've tried multiple saddles and so has my husband, and we always go back to these. They work for us.

pooks
06-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Thank you -- that's really helpful.

I'd heard a lot about bikes being shipped with standard components that usually needed to be replaced/upgraded, and as a newbie wasn't sure if we had something decent to start with or should already be considering others.

salsabike
06-16-2006, 05:23 PM
I expect there will be others who hate the saddle. Saddle tastes are wildly variable and hard to predict. I am still looking for a slightly different saddle, one that has a sharper switch from wide back to narrow nose. So we're all always looking for that one that's perfect...but so far Velo's worked for us.

pooks
06-16-2006, 06:50 PM
When I first set out I feel pain, but then shift my weight and am not aware of much saddle-wise after that. So far we're only going a couple of miles or so, though. I'm sure I'll have a better idea when I spend more time/miles on it!

Nokomis
06-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Hope it works for you - I'm very happy with mine. DH's comments for me was this is the first saddle that looks like supports me, rather than I'm sitting on top of. LOTS of flex thruout, and not bad for a $40 :D