PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 2004 Terry Symmetry 19"

mtbdarby
06-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Up for sale is a nearly new 2004 Terry Symmetry 19" bike. I only put 30 miles on this bike. Here are the specs:

2004 Terry Symmetry • 19 Inch
Features
Color: Silver
Frame & Fork: Reynolds 631 double-butted CrMo tubing, TIG welded
Headset: YST 1", threaded steerer
Crankset: Shimano Tiagra Triple, 170mm, 30/42/52 chainrings
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Tiagra cartridge
Front Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra triple; 28.6 clamp-on; capacity: 22 teeth
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tiagra; capacity: 37 teeth; largest sprocket: 27 teeth
Shift/Brake Levers: Shimano Tiagra STI levers; 9-speed indexed
Cassette: Shimano Tiagra, steel, 12 x 25, 9-speed
Chain: KMC Z-9000, 1/2" x 3/32"
Brakes: Shimano Tiagra Super SLR dual pivot sidepull; 49mm reach
Hubs: Shimano Sora 32 hole; quick release
Rims: Velocity Aerohead, silver, machined sidewalls, presta valve
Tires: Panaracer Tecnova 25-520, 24x1" front, Panaracer Stradius Sport 23-622, 700c rear
Seatpost: Kalloy Uno, alloy, 250mm, silver (black shown)
Stem: Terry T-Stem road; 65mm; 210 x 22.2 shank; 0º rise; 2-bolt version
Handlebar: Terry T-Bar 26.0, patented design
Pedals: Terry combination pedal system
Braze-ons: Rear rack braze-ons; 2 sets water bottle bosses; derailleur cable guides; pump peg
Standover Height: 29.6"

Fit: To measure standover height, stand with your shoes off and your feet about six inches apart (as if standing over a bike). Measure the distance from the floor to your crotch. This is often difficult so you may want to enlist the help of a friend. Compare this measurement to the standover heights listed above. The standover height is the distance from the floor to the bicycle's top tube. For a road bike, you'll want to clear the top tube by 3/4" to 1 1/4".

The seat on the bike is a Terry Butterfly - what came with the bike. I added a water bottle cage (2 total) and the tube in the front has a leak which I patched but it's flat again, so I will send the new tube I have with it but didn't install. If you can patch the tube on it and use it as a spare, power to you.

Brand new this bike is $1200. I'm asking $650 plus shipping (in it's original box). I'm heading out on a tour from June 24- July 1st. If there's no interest by July 7th it's going on ebay. Thanks for looking!

KnottedYet
06-16-2006, 08:55 PM
sent you a couple PMs.

mimitabby
06-22-2006, 12:58 PM
So how come you are selling this bike?

mtbdarby
06-23-2006, 06:31 PM
It's too small for me - the length of the top tube that is. It puts me over the handlebar stem and makes the bike hard to control. The Trek 2100 was a much better fit and as my 4 year old already informed me "Mom, you have too many bikes!". I thought someone else should enjoy it instead of it sitting in my garage.

Lifesgreat
06-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I don't know what the response has been to your post, but I think the Terry Bicycle site has a section where one can post used Terry bicycles for sale.