PDA

View Full Version : Ride report 6/14

rocknrollgirl
06-15-2006, 04:14 AM
Just thought I would see who else rode yesterday.....

I rode with "the guys" last night. Much to my dismay, only the faster ones showed up, including my hubby. I was still a little tired from Sunday's ride and Tuesday's training (running and lifting).

So suffice it to say, it was brutal. Man oh man were they fast, and it was humid....my poor legs!

Well two days to recover and then we are back to it on Saturday.:eek:

Anybody else??????????

bouncybouncy
06-15-2006, 07:06 AM
i had heard through AIM that my new wheels had shown up on the doorstep at home...giddy with excitement at the work-ending bell i rushed home ready to ride:D

much to my dismay i was greeted with a holler from the garage "there's my toolbox!!!" yes the tools hubby needed to install the new spinny things to my ride were in MY car :(

so as the sun was setting and i was keeping occupied by washing various other bikes dear mechanic i married was putting on chainrings...brake discs...OH YEAH new cranks...yippy! unfortunately the sun was faster than hubby (he was dealing with brakes on his bike too) we spent the evening riding back and forth in our driveway being chased by a vicious 10 pound terrier (she loves to run with bikes)

needless to say...i am loading up on carbs in anticipation for a long trail ride tonight!!!

fatbottomedgurl
06-15-2006, 08:05 AM
I really like my DirtCHIX group!!! I have a hard enough time keeping up with them.

My bike and I were out of commission for a week. A week ago monday I had ordered new Panaracer Fire XCs from Pricepoint. They came in. I installed them. I THREW OUT the old tires. On inspection I realized the new tires were Tiawanese knock-offs not the real thing. I ran to the garbage. The trashman cameth. Took off new tires and shipped back to Pricepoint with a nasty email. Ordered from Performance. Three days later called, they lost my online order. Re-ordered. Waited two days. New tires came in yesterday. First time (well, second) installing folding tires- no big deal. Today I am running errands on the bike. Tomorrow a car shuttle 11-mile downhill singletrack in the pines. I CAN'T Wait.

fatbottomedgurl
06-15-2006, 08:08 AM
I did get a short ride last week when I went to the Trek Fit for Women tour. I tried the Fuel EX9 wsd. Did not like it. It is very short in the top tube. I felt all scrunched on it. The gal said I would "get used to it". I guess I am not the right shape for a Trek. Good thing- it's a $3200 bike:eek: I will keep my sights on the Cake 3GS.

rocknrollgirl
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I am cracking up at the mental image of the terrier chasing the driveway bound bikers.....

bouncybouncy
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
super SAG dog...daddy's bike in the background during the middle of a 50 miler i chose to sit out...

Ebbe & i had a beautiful day chillin' on the Blue Ridge Parkway waiting for the group to suffer up the mountain!!!

fatbottomedgurl
06-15-2006, 01:46 PM
Bouncy: I also see a baby backpack in that photo. I remember those days...

bouncybouncy
06-16-2006, 04:23 AM
fbg: that there baby backpack is actually for that 4-legged baby in the orange chair:p

my old avatar used to be her & i...

she is too old to keep up on longer rides but still loves every second of it!!! you should see the looks when i ride thru the neighborhood...hehe

fatbottomedgurl
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
I was climbing a hill on a bike lane and approached two ladies with strollers- one on the sidewalk, one in the bike lane. I moved over into the car lane when I approached the one in the street and I saw a DOG in the stroller. I jokingly shouted, "I moved into the traffic lane for a DOG?"